(1) Are you running or sleepwalking?

o n e

Running is not my thing.

Actually, is running anyone's thing? Imagine waking up in the very early hours of the morning to move your feet when you could be asleep and have been woken up by the smell of a fresh breakfast.

My best friend, Ally, believes that spontaneous activities makes a person happies. Today, that is exactly what we are doing. We're going to fulfill her joyous plans.

Acts that vary from skipping school to going to another city for the weekend. In between, midnight swims, detox weeks and art days take their place. It's been one hell of a year with her exciting plans, but some are exhausting. Like today.

Ally's voice suddenly interrupts the train of thought racing in my brain, "Get your shit together, Lizzie! Are you running or sleep walking?" she belts, waiting far in front of me with her arms in the air, signalling me to run forward to her. "Move it!" she belts again.

"I can't, Ally. You're dragging me through hell." I whine, dragging myself to power push a fair amount of speed onto my feet and legs. "Come on, we agreed on doing this Liz, together." she dejects, motioning her arms between me and her.

I huff. "You're right, you're right. I'm sorry." I sigh before moving my feet to run to her and continue our early morning jog.

A few minutes in, Ally starts to talk. "Hey, you know what I told you about Landon a few days ago?" Ally inquires.

"Yeah, that concert thing?" I nod, turning my head to her for a short second.

"Turns out he did go! Fucking without me, but with his friends. Can you fucking believe that? I swear to god he lives to make me mad." she nods her head side to side. I try hard not to laugh, leaving a chuckle cutting still behind my throat.

"Wait, I thought you guys didn't go cause he was sick?" I suspect.

Ally and Landon are the funniest couple I know. They started dating a while ago, just some months back. She loves him, he loves her, all is good, except for the fact that they both live to displease one another. Basically, it goes like this: fight, ignore, yell, kiss. - and repeat.

"One of the guys told me it was because he was gonna surprise me with them but he got mad at me that day for not replying to his text so he just didn't give me my damn tickets. I gave him money, Liz. I'm getting my fucking money back okay?" she breathes loudly. "It's just a text, how stupid can this get? I fucking hate him." she mutters the last sentence, looking down at her feet.

"Will you stop swearing Ally, your mom might hear us from your house." I laugh, attempting to get her to cheer up.

"No, fuck you Lizzie!" she cries loudly. "and please run properly, you'll fall in five seconds if you don't." she asserts, pointing at my dangling legs and floppy arms as my attempt to run faster.

I give her a cold look and start running with much more energy. It's probably only going to last a few minutes, trust me. I take my headphones out and play some loud music to distract me from the job I'm doing.

Two songs later, I feel my headphones being pulled out of my ears and tangling their way down. I look in front of me to see a heavy breathing blond running off with his head turned to look at my reaction. I stop in my place and put my hands on my waist.

"What the fuck was that for?" I yell.

He turns fully around, still running. "Listen to your friend, not your crappy music!" he smirks. "I've been listening to her rant shit about her boyfriend for the past five minutes, take my place for a bit will you?" he laughs, shrugging his shoulders.