(11) Are you like this with everyone?

e l e v e n

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ashton asks for the hundredth time.

We've been waiting in the waiting room for about fifteen minutes now. We entered the emegency room and a nurse came up to us to ask me how much pain I'm experiencing and how much I can wait. Unfortunately, they have victims of a car crash in and they're trying to keep up.

I didn't argue, I just nodded and went along to take a seat, resting my leg on the chair in front of me.

The hospital is very quiet, not many people were waiting and the lights are very dull, making me want to sleep. Well, it is almost three in the morning, it makes sense.

A few minutes later, a woman rushes in on a wheelchair with what I suppose is her husband, straight to the ER pregnancy room. That's the only noise that is loud enough to turn everyone's attention at this time of hour. Other than the disturbing vending machine a few feet ahead.

Ashton and I are seated next to each other, his left arm around the head of my chair and my shoulder close to his. I lean my head on his shoulder and sigh.

"I hate waiting, when am I gonna get this done with and get out of here?" I groan.

"I've always liked waiting in hospitals." he shrugs. I look at him strange. "Waiting makes me feel like I'm okay. Would you rather be rushed into the ER like that woman just now? Because like it or not, those people can't wait, they're either dying or pregnant. So yes, waiting is good. Waiting makes you feel okay. It lets you know you're alive and healthy, you don't need to rush for anything, because it'll turn out okay."

I stare at him in shock. Wow, this boy keeps surprising me.

"So, do you come here often?" he quizes, relaxing his shoulders.

"You make it sound like a coffee place Ashton, but I do actually. I take monthly anemia check ups, get my iron levels tested, also I pee in a cup, just the usual." I chuckle.

"I didn't know you're anemic." he snickers.

"Well, I am." I proclaim. "Have been since I was fifteen. It's not very serious though, you don't have to worry." I assure him. "Hey look, the more you know!" I say suggestively.

I laugh at myself, glancing at a full smiling Ashton. His eyes roam around my face, my eyes to my lips to my eyes again. He chuckles softly to himself, shaking his head.

"Are you like this with everyone?" he interrogates.

"Like what?" I reply.

"Full of life. You're always smiling Liz. Although you like to think and propose yourself as completely self-kept, annoyed and full of hate for life, you're not. You laugh very loudly and I never catch you not smiling, I love it." he boasts. "People these days aren't very genuine, but you, you are. I mean, you told me straight up how much of an asshole I am without feeling an ounce of regret, doesn't that tell you something?" he smiles.

I can't help the smile forming on my face from appearing as the words leave his mouth. No matter how much I would like to put my foot up his ass right this moment, he's true, everything he has said is true.

I find no words willing to come out of my mouth, leaving me to scoot even closer to him, kneeling my head backwards and sideways to him, leaving a small but lingering kiss on the corner of his lips, his dimples visible more than ever with the smile breaking off his face.

"You're not an asshole." I remark. "Well, just a little."

"Such a relief, I've officially been declared non-asshole!" Ashton exclaims loudly, throwing his head back. My hand immediately goes to his mouth to cover it, trying not to burst out in laughter. He attemps to bite my hand, making me swift it away from him with a groan.