Beelzebub x insecure!reader

4am:

You pressed your back against your door and wrapped your hands around your head. Your whole body began to tremble as you slid your frame down the door and onto the cold wooden floor.

Gripping your head fiercely, you ran your trembling fingers through your hair roughly. The demons words replayed in your head.

"You're not wanted here"
"No one gives a shit about you, human"
"Maybe we'd care more if you proved your worth"
"Maybe you'd be more valuable if you laid off the snacks"

Fiercely, you shut your eyes tight, trying to forget. It wasn't uncommon for you to to get targeted and bullied at RAD. You were different, after all, which made it seem as like there was a target on your back. Times like this made it impossible not to stress eat.

Trembling, you crawled to your knees and shakily stood up, your legs threatening to give out beneath you. You twisted the doorknob and swung open the door. You made your way to the kitchen, being as quiet as you could to not wake up the others.

When you reached the kitchen you clawed open the fridge and released a sigh. A familiar light illuminated your skin from the fridge. The cool air relaxed you. Your trembles began to still themselves. You navigated the fridge for your tub of ice cream.

You'd put your name on it, in hopes Beel wouldn't get to it. You crossed your fingers and opened the lid to the tub. Surprisingly, it was as you'd left it. You hummed in delight. You searched the kitchen for a spoon, pressed your back against the cool fridge and began to eat from the tub.

Indulging yourself in this was the only peace and escape you had in your time here in the Devildom. Its almost as if the stress and pressure from the Devildom had brought upon this habit. You didn't mind though. This was your anchor. This was your oasis.

You scooped ice cream into the spoon and lifted the spoon into your mouth, closing your lips around it. You hummed in delight and closed your eyes. Would you finish the entire tub tonight? Who cares as long as it calmed you. You pursed your lips around the spoon before getting ready for your next scoop.

"Y/n..?"

Your eyes shot open and focused on the demon in front of you.

"Beel.." You frowned. You hugged the tub in your arms protectively. Beel eyed you, then the tub of ice cream.

"What are you doing up this late?"

"Just wanted a snack.." You mumbled.
"An entire tub of ice cream for a snack?" Beel said, confused. "Why's that so strange? No one would bat an eye if it were you.." You mumbled.

"Y/n, I'm the Avatar of Gluttony. That's why it wouldn't be weird if it were me. But its you though.." Beel said, his purple eyes resting on you softly. He was right, he was the Avatar of Gluttony, he had to eat a lot. What was your excuse?

"Who cares why I am..what are you doing out here this late?" You asked. You already knew the answer though. Beelzebub always went for snacks in the middle of the night and everybody knew it.

"Eh? You already know my stomach wakes me up in the middle of the night" Beel said suprised. You bit your tongue. Of course he knew you knew the answer to that already. Beel stepped towards you. "Y/n, is everything okay?" He said, gazing at your huddled frame on the floor.

You took a deep breath. You couldn't bring yourself to lie to Beel, not after how much kindness he'd shown you. He genuienly cared for you and wanted the best for you. You bit your lip before mustering out the truth.

"No, I'm not.." You shook your head. "I..I struggle with self image issues..and get teased quite a bit..so.." You gestured towards the tub of ice cream, "I eat away the pain in my chest till it goes numb..." You chuckled, your voice shallow.

Beel's gaze softened, he casted his arms down and wrapped them around your own, lifting you to your feet. "Hey- what are you-"

"Get off the ground, y/n.." he said. Beel's strong arms wrapped around your back and pressed you against his chest protectively. The tub of ice cream fell to the ground. Instinctively, your body tensed, you wanted to grab for it. "Leave it.." Beel said. You obeyed and your body began to tremble against his.

It took Beel a moment to realize you were crying. He rested his chin against your shoulder and put a hand on your back, rubbing comforting circles onto your back. Your body trembled and faltered. Your knees wanted to collapse underneath you.

"Its okay, y/n. Let it out" he smiled, and lightly grabbed your hands in his own. His hands were warm, like a safety blanket in your own. You felt safe with him.

"Beel..," you murmured, "..is there something wrong with me?" Your lip quivered and goosebumps covered your arms. Beel hummed against your shoulder.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Y/n. You're loved just the way you are. You don't need to change a bit, not even if you don't fit others depictions of what you should be. You don't need to mold yourself to be what they like."

You blinked your eyes. You knew Beelzebub was the most sensitive of the brothers, but when had been so profound with his words? Or maybe, he just knew what you needed to hear.

You nodded your head against his chest and stepped back so you could look his face. You peered up at him for reassurance and he gave you a soft smile, cupping your cheek in his hand. He wiped your lingering tears away with his thumb.

"There, there.. Don't be sad, y/n. I like you just the way you are." Your lip trembled and you squinted your eyes at him, beginning to cry again at his words. He continued to rub your back supportively and hum lightly. You wrapped your arms around Beel, hugging him, you pressed you face against his chest.

He continued to hold you as long as you needed. It didn't matter what you were to the demons that teased you. You were more than their words. Their taunts and views of you didn't depict your worth, and Beel wanted you to know it.