‘Thanks, Alpha.’

‘I hope for your happiness, Caleb.’

We punched fists under the tables and then focused on the lesson as possible as we could, even if we definitely didn’t look like it with Caleb furiously tapping his desk and now clicking his tongue, and me resting my feet on my desk as I stared outside the window.

I could still hear their constant whispers about Caleb and I, both the positive and the negative ones. But ignoring it was the best choice of action, aside from the fact that Silver told me to. My Beta was simply uninterested to the girls shamelessly hitting on him behind the teacher’s back, because every cell, fiber and vein in his body was yearning for Zane. Even the notes they were passing each other could be read easily if I wanted to, but I didn’t for the sake of my precious eyes.

I zoned out, for the lack of a better word.

Out of a whim, I felt this sudden strike of lust, a very strong one at that. It was mixed with anger and frustration, and an unexplainable pain erupting from the pit of my stomach coursing up my throat. A scent filled my nostrils that seemed to heighten these new feelings I was having.

What was this? I felt like I was going to snap any second. To what I would snap for, I didn't know. I was breathing heavily. I couldn’t shut my eyes close. I couldn’t even blink. My fist and jaws were clenching and I had this urge to flip my desk over because it was suffocating me.

I needed to get out of here, of myself. I needed release, release of something bubbling in my chest. I wasn’t doing anything, no one did anything to me, so what was this I was feeling? Why was I feeling this way?

The sound of the door opening in brute force made me tore my eyes away from the window. But the feelings remained, actually increasing every second passing. A girl, quite hysterical, entered and looked around.

“YOU! Who are you and why are you disturbing my class?! Don’t you have your own class to attend to?!” the teacher shouted as the girl stuttered out her reasons, until her eyes landed on me.

“It’s S-Silver!” I growled, making those around me jump and back away. “I think he's sick! He kept repeating Hunter’s name and he's all sweaty and red! He won't respond to us! Help him, please!” she told me with pleading eyes.

The crowd started to talk in murmurs and the teacher tried silencing them. They all stopped once my mate came into view, looking just as how the girl described him. It made the others murmur louder.

His face was so flushed. His hair was all over the place. Steams of hot breath clouded over his mouth as he breathed heavily. His right eye was now exposed, but it wasn’t green anymore. Even his left eye wasn’t blue anymore.

His left eye were now silver grey. Pure, glazing, deep grey like molten metal. That eye was like Skylar’s. The eye color of a Blue Crescents Alpha.

His right eye was a different case though. It was gold and glinting, like it was about to liquefy and pour out of his eyeballs.

The outer side of his left eye has that familiar lines that were tracing his veins. Just like how it looked back at the lake.

His frantic eyes were searching all around the room until they fixated on me, making me feel like my body was burning in churns of blue fire. He swerved his way to me, reaching his arms out. “Hahh… Hunter…”

Squeals, yelps, and gasps were heard. The other people in this room were now panicking on what was happening to Silver. There were even ones from other classes gathering outside the door, but the teacher were preventing them to enter.

“Do something!”

“Call 911!”

“Silver!”

“Hang on!”

“Don’t die on us, please!”

I growled, snarled, almost barked with the mention of my mate dying. Anger pulsed through every inch of my being. I was seeing things in red. My teeth were itching. My chest was rumbling uncontrollably. My fingers were clawing the desk, making sharp, shrill sounds.

“…HUNTER, STOP IT! HUNTER! HUNTER! ALPHA!”

I went frozen when I felt a palm connecting with my cheek, and an arm shaking me ferociously. I blinked, twice, thrice, and saw Caleb giving me a frightened, worried, panicked look.

I scowled. “Did you just slap me?”

“I'm sorry, okay? I can't think of anything else to snap you out of it!” He then leaned in my ear and whisper-yelled. “What do you think you're doing, Alpha?! You almost shifted in front of these humans!”

“I did?”

“Why would I lie about it?” he hissed. He was about to say something more when a hand fell on his shoulder, tossing him aside with a glare, without a care.

Silver now stood before me, looking at me dazed and seemed to be in a spell. He climbed on my lap, his hands caressing my face so tenderly. He looked pained.

“Hunter…” he panted more, his hot breath was now fanning my face and those feelings swarmed back to me, attacking my senses. “I feel… mmph… weird…”

I cupped his cheeks, looking straight into his eyes. “Silver? Baby, you have to tell me what's wrong. Everything—“

He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine, forcing his tongue inside eagerly as if he's waiting too long for this. I let him, not caring about every pair of eyes around us, and kissed him back. I placed my arms around him, pulling him as close as possible to me.

“I feel so… hot…” he said between kisses, his eyes half-lidded and his pupils diluted. “I need you, Hunter… now… I want you… Hunter…” he whimpered the last bit, as if he was about to explode if his wishes weren’t granted right away.

“Silver, we are in school.”

He silenced me again with his daring lips. “Touch me…” He took a hold of my hands and brushed them all over his body. He was so out of control that tears were now running down his face. “What's wrong with me, Hunter?”

I shushed him and pulled him into an embrace as he sobbed harder. I now noticed that people were watching us with flushed faces, the teacher was no longer in the room. Some were holding their phones out. Some were holding their groins. Some were even drooling. Caleb, who was still on the floor, was gawking at us. Zane stood mortified in the front, together with Skylar who was looking the most worried among all of us. And Aiden and Stefan were… making out in the corner.

I carried Silver and walked towards the door. Some were about to stop me but Skylar sent them a warning look. The crowd dispersed, giving me way as I trotted out of the school straight to my car. They were too stunned to ask questions. They were too hot and bothered to stop me. Too turned on to care.

The prominent tent in front of my jeans already answered them all.