"You feeling somebody?" he asks to be sure he heard that right and I nod. "That's what got you worked up? And here I thought you killed someone while making a drop" he scratches his beard with his head tilted to a side.

"Naah, I don't kill them, I teach them a lesson like you" I smirk proudly and he throws me a judging look.

"You told her yet?" he goes back to our main topic and I shake my head. I haven't told him anything yet but I should before I lose it and fuck the shit out of him, damn. "You planning on telling her?"

"It's a little complicated and h- she's shy as hell. I don't wanna scare her and I'm not sure if I like like her or if it's just a phase" I pick my words wisely before I slip up and expose myself. "Maybe I'm just trynna fuck or maybe I like her for real and I don't wanna ruin what we got cause she ain't got anyone else. And if that shit happens, she'll be going right back into that dusty little library I don't want her to be in. H- she swallows everybody's shit cause she's scared to tell them how she really feels. I'm try-"

"You want the crib to yourself?" he cuts me off and a frown appears on my face. "To talk to the person you're feeling cause that shit sounds serious to me. I ain't gone be in your way when you're pouring your heart out."

"I don't think that's a good idea either.....This shit makes me look like a punk for how complicated it is. I can't just get up and do it cause there will be consequences for the both of us, especially her."

"She a white girl?" he asks firmly.

"She's Asian and her parent don't like me. You got a problem too?"

"I ain't got anything against it, I'm cool with that as long as you're cool" he tells me and I throw my head back looking up at the ceiling.

"But on some real shit, nothing's too complicated, son. You just gotta do what your heart feels and take a chance. I ain't raised no punk and shit like this isn't supposed to scare you, it's supposed to make you curious and want more. I've been living with you for a while now and this is the first time I've heard you talk about someone as serious as you just did and to be honest I'm proud. That's why I'll leave the crib to you so you can persuade this special person" he shrugs and it's surprising to see him act so understandingly. That's how parent always are until they find out the person is the same gender as you, according to what I read...

"I appreciate it but I don't think anyone will accept it."

"Arthur, Acceptance and forgiveness comes naturally when you're family loves you and you're my son. We only got each other so disowning you or some shit like that ain't gone ever happen. There are only two of us and if you feel like adding one more to the family, I'm down. Just don't talk about the business we do, don't hit raw and we're cool" he assures me and I take a deep breath. I needed to hear that.

I could care less about what anyone says but when it comes to pops, I want him to be proud because he's truly the only one I got except from Jake if he's willing to accept me as I am.

"Invite her over" pops exclaims from the living room. "No drops until we find out who's been chasing you. I don't want our plan to be ruined and you ain't got no business in jail" he warns me and I agree to everything he just said feeling light. It's as if I was walking around with something heavy on my shoulders and pops effortlessly lifted that shit up.

"I'm out. Take the other car, James is picking me up" and I hear the front door close. I turn my phone on to send Jake a quick message and I wait for him to reply because he's usually with his phone at this hour.

Me: hey, I'm coming over

Dollface🤗❤: •••

I impatiently watch the three dots indicating that he's typing until they disappear and get worked up when I don't receive any text. I send him another message and he doesn't even bother opening it this time. 'Now that I'm trynna get you, you leave me on read?' I think to myself as I tap my foot on the floor. I wait for a minute and then press the call button.