"Come on, man." Tommy flails his hands out to the side frustratedly as he turns to the booth worker again. "What is it? Like magnets, or something?"

Daisy turns around. "Did you guys see that too?" She asks. Jen looked pretty oblivious to what was happening, only hiding a smile at Tommy's defeat. Daisy's eyes fall over to Josette, who was sternly whispering something to her brother, who had a pleased look on his face.

Daisy turns back around. "Let's just go get snacks." She says, pulling Tommy away from the booth and moving on.

Tommy put his arm around Daisy's shoulders as they walked, he then glanced behind him, and then turned back around. "Why is he here?" He whispered quietly.

Daisy glanced to see who he looked like, catching a glance at Kai who looked bored as he lingered behind. "He's Josette's brother." Daisy responds.

"I don't bring my brother to everything I do." Tommy scoffs.

Daisy swallows. "I know, I think their parents make them stay together a lot of the time." She shrugs.

Tommy glances behind him again. "I don't like him." He says. Daisy continues walking, not wanting to further the conversation. She then hears someone hollering for Tommy over by the Helter Skelter. She looks up to see Mark and the rest of Tommy's friends, one of which were puking into a trashcan as they'd just gotten off the ride.

"You gotta do this, dude." Mark says in between laughs, walking over to Tommy. "Steve's been blowing chunks for ten minutes."

Tommy laughs loudly and Daisy widens her eyes a bit as his overexcitement at puking. "Holy shit." He laughs, he turns to Daisy. "You sure you don't want to ride it?"

"Very sure." Daisy nods.

Tommy looks past Daisy to Jen and Josette, "Are you guys chickens too?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. Daisy lightly hits his arm and he laughs.

"Course not." Jen says, and she walks past Daisy with Josette linked to her arm. As Josette passes Daisy, she gives her a worried expression as she was most definitely a chicken.

Daisy watches as Tommy, Jen, and Josette catch up with Mark to ride the Helter Skelter again— and it didn't take long for her to realize who else stayed back.

"Alone at last." Kai spoke from behind Daisy. She inhaled sharply at his voice, then turned around to face him, eyeing him warily. While his eyes looked bored, he had a grim smile tugging at his lips. She clenched her jaw, trying to think of a snarky remark to say back. "I have something for you." He says.

Daisy was taken back for a second. At this point he could hand her the most bizarre, random thing she could imagine and she still wouldn't be surprised. "What?" She asks.

Kai looks around over his shoulder, then gestures for Daisy to follow him, already beginning to walk away from the crowd before she could protest.

The music from the carnival began to fade as they walked farther away from it. He walked over to an alley that lined a neighboring shop, and Daisy stopped following him as he came to a pause in the alley.

"Come on." Kai says.

She shook her head. "Show me what you have first." She said, she was risky sometimes, but she wasn't an idiot.