"T'is dangerous and I wont have you galavanting around with a sword like some mad child" his tone deepened.

He watched her angrily stand and walk off.

"Brienna , where are you going? we are not done," he quickly stood and followed her.

Yelling obsenities over her shoulder she decided otherwise.

A strong grip on her wrists whirled her around to stare into pools of steel fury.

Yanking and pulling at her wrists she met his eyes with the same anger.

"You dont get the last say in this convesation young lady, am I clear?"

Defiant eyes flashed up at him.

Breathing furiously he held her in place.

" This is about avenging your father isn't it ?"

She did not answer but looked away.

"This is not the way of it Brienna, the king will handle him." He tipped her chin up to look at him.

"One day he will have to face his demons in person, along with the consequences of his actions, and that can be far more painful than anything you could ever do to him, Brienna."

She shook her head not wanting to her him.

Leaning closer his eyes softened with a frustrated breath he let her wrists go in defeat.

Without a word and a tear filled fiery glare, she stomped off back up the path to the keep. Angered that he would not train her tears fell.

Not noticing Haroun she hurried past him through the bailey and dissapeared towards the farther courtyard. Standing there he looked towards the entrance gate.

Gavins walk alone said he was in a bad mood.

Stopping before Haroun he watched in the path where Brienna disappeared to.

"What is wrong" he looked at Gavin.

With a frustrated sigh he looked at Haroun.

"She wants me to train her to fight,"

Looking at Gavin puzzled Haroun arched a brow.

"Aye, like the guards and squires in the list amongst the men," he added at a full shout.

Amused eyes and a chuckle late.

"What did you tell her?" Haroun crossed his arms

"Absolutely not, but as usual she is stubborn." He fumed.

Looking at Haroun he smiled the little woodsprite is so defiant.

"But I have a plan that might change her mind," He smiled to himself of his idea.

Harouns now confused scowl questioned Gavins idea.

"What plan?"

"You'll see my friend, you'll see," he walked off towards the stables leaving Haroun in utter confusion and worry. What Gavin was planning would be the beginning of warfare. Nothing good was going to come from this.

*~*~*~*~*

She sat at the large table sulking  and picking at her supper. She didnt feel like eating at all. All she could think about was how Gavin got furious with her. With small glances his way she could see he was still upset. His conversation with his men was direct, no smile, no laughs came from any of them. Steel grey eyes looked her way and held her gaze for a quick second before she looked away. Slowly Marguerite walked her way and smiled down at her.

"T'is time for bed," She rubbed her hair.

With her head looking down she stood and followed her out of the hall to the stairs. 

She sat silently listening to Margerite chatter while she  brushed her hair.

The keep was very quiet when he made his way up the stairs. He stopped at the door to Brienna's chamber.

Hesitating he pushed the door open and looked around the room. Slowly he walked to the lit candle at her bedside. The low glow of light gave him a glimpse of her cherubic face fast asleep. Her hands tucked beneath her chin gave her such a peaceful expression. Brushing aside one or two locks of unruly hair from her face he sighed.

What was he going to do with her?

He thought.

Briefly he stood there remembering their latest argument. It bothered  him that she went to bed angered with him for his decision.

But, he is only protecting her. Deep down he hoped that she realized that.

Blowing out the candle  he turned walked out of her chamber into the dim lit corridor.  He trudded further down and walked  to his own chamber with a brief sigh of relief he sat on the trunk by his bed and removed his boots. He undressed and slid into bed. Sleep claimed him immediately.