Wanted

“Hello?” A sweet voice called from the doorway.

“I’m in the kitchen!” I yelled back.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway and I was finally greeted by their owner. A wide smile swept across my face, “Why hello there, dear.” I said like a 1950s housewife. He looked a little aggravated, “Turn that frown upside down, Mr. Grumpy Gills.” I laughed. He didn’t find as much humor in it as I did.

“Erin, you’re supposed to be taking it easy. What are you doing?”

“Making a sandwich. Want one?” I reached out to offer him the food and my crutch decided to fall from its holding place under my arm. I fumbled with the food while leaning to try and catch my falling crutch; but I was never known to be ‘coordinated’, so the crutch ended up smashing on the ground, I slipped and lost my balance, and the sandwich somehow ended up in the sink..

I gave a weak smile to Niall and shrugged my shoulders. “Oops?”

He chuckled, pulled his hands out of his pockets, and walked over to help me. “How bout you take a seat and I’ll clean this up.” He said still chuckling under his breath.

I dropped my head and laughed, crutching my still swollen leg into my room while he cleaned up my mess.

“Music time,” I said quietly to myself as I walked over to my stereo to play a song. It wasn’t just any song, though. It was one of my all time favorite songs that had been stuck in my head for the entire day.

“You know I’d fall apart without you,

I don’t know how you do what you do.

‘Cause everything that don’t make sense about me,

makes sense when I’m with you.”

Wanted by Hunter Hayes. Gosh, I can never get enough of this song. It’s so perfect. I sang along with the lyrics and flopped down on my bed, going through my phone to text back my sisters and what not.

“ ‘Cause I wanna wrap you up,

Wanna kiss your lips,

I wanna make you feel wanted.

And I wanna call you mine,

Wanna hold your hand forever,

And never let you forget it.” I sang along.

“Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted!” Niall jumped in my doorway with his arms stretched wide, singing exaggeratedly.