Bonus Chapter

1 year later.

Montana

"Stop, Josiah." I heard Jeremiah fussing to Jr as I stood in the kitchen.

"Stop it." He whined again

"Mommy." He then called and I sighed deeply, cleaning my hands off.

"What's going on in there?" I asked, slowly making my way to the living room.

As I did, I heard a loud smack, making me pick up my pace. Once I made it there, Jeremiah was on the floor crying with a red hand print on his face and Jr as standing over him.

"Josiah." I spoke through gritted teeth before he soon began to cry as well, knowing that he was in trouble.

Before I knew it, they were both crying and Joey was throwing all the toys and crayons all over the room.

"Mommy!" Jeremiah screamed, obviously scared of what Jr. was now doing.

"Come here." I told him and he ran over to me and I picked him, putting him in my arms.

Watching as Jr. threw their toys all over the room, I took Jeremiah into the other room. I calmed him down and consoled him for a while before turning the TV on for him.

"I'll will be right back okay?" I told him and he nodded slowly, while I took the time to wipe his tears as he looked up at me.

Once I was finished with him, I made my way back into the living room. All of the boys things were thrown everywhere and the small table I had for them was now turned over.

Shaking my head, I grabbed Jr and took him upstairs to his room. He huffed and puffed the entire way, trying to snatch away from me every chance he got.

When we finally got to his room, I put him inside and closed the door behind me.

"Mommy!" He screamed from behind the door as I held it closed.

"Mommy!" He screamed out again, banging on it this time.

I sighed deeply as he cried loudly, kicking and banging at it. He was simply having one of his many episodes, just like Joey used to. This was different for me though because Joey could handle his, Jr. was still only a baby so he didn't know.

"Baby, mommy can't let you out until you calm down." I explained to him, sitting in front of the door now.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself or your brother." I went on, explaining the punishment.

The doctors had already explained to me that this was the most suitable option when this happens.
Simply because he was too young to begin taking any kind of pills and my baby wouldn't talk to strangers, making therapy impossible.

So every time this happened, I'd just put him in his room and talk to him from the other side of the door until he was okay enough to come out.

"Come on, sit down with mommy. Talk to me." I said to him and I could hear him softly plop down onto the floor.

"Are you sitting?" I went on to ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Yes." His little voice came from the other side, making me sigh in relief.

"Now talk to me."

"What's going on? What's wrong?" I asked, already sure I knew the real issue but I just wanted him to be able to communicate his problems to me.

"Jeremiah won't let me color." He spoke sadly.

"He won't let you color?" I furrowed my eyebrows, asking as if I was in complete disbelief.