18.

Trigger warning. ⚠️

Josiah
4am

I sat in Montana's living room feeling like shit, I regretted all the shit I did and I just wished I could take it back to make it right. I'd just hurt the only girl that I ever truly loved, the only girl that ever truly loved me through everything and now she was gone. And I knew there was nothing I could do to stop her from leaving me because she's stubborn. She's not taking me back no matter what.

Sighing, I stood to my feet, about to leave before I heard her light snores all the way in the living room.

Deciding I couldn't just leave, I stopped in my tracks and headed towards her room. I needed to see her face one more time before I left.

Walking into the room, I stood over her, admiring everything about her. My eyes kept reverting to the bruise under her eye and I just wanted to know where that shit came from.

"I'll protect you forever, Montana." I spoke softly, just watching her. Whoever put their hands on my girl would feel me.

Standing there, I knew this would probably be my last time seeing her for a while so I wanted to make it count. I watched as she pouted in her sleep and I couldn't help but to sigh. She even looked sad in her sleep.

I knew I'd really messed up now and I just wanted to make it all better for her. But I also knew there wasn't shit I could do even if I tried. Time was the only thing that could heal this.

Coming to a realization, I sat down at the edge of her bed.

"I'm gon' make it up to you, baby." I went onto say as if she could hear me.

"I promise." I spoke lowly, turning around to look at her once more.

I then stood to my feet, about to leave before I decided I couldn't go. I had to spend the rest of my night here with her. I couldn't just walk out on her.

Not my baby.

Pulling my shirt over my head, I threw it onto the floor then removed my shoes. Slowly getting into the bed with her, I laid beside her and just watched. She hadn't moved an inch and she was still softly snoring. I'd missed this, this was all I wanted to do from the beginning. Before any of this went down, all I wanted to do was love my girl.

Pressing my luck, I wrapped my arm around her waist and rested it there. Moving closer to her, I began to trail kisses along the nap of her neck. I couldn't resist her.

"I love you." I spoke softly.

Her light snoring subsided as I did and I knew that she was now awake but I didn't care. I would take all the yelling and screaming if I could just lay here and hold her.

"Joey." She whined softly, trying to pull away from me but I held her tight against me.

Gripping her waist, I turned her to me and made her give me a kiss.

"Stop it." She tried to say but my lips were glued to hers.

"I can't. I love you, baby." I spoke in between kisses as she tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head, removing my lips from hers.

"You're not sorry." She spoke softly, obviously not buying my words.

"I am sorry, Montana." I began to trail down to her stomach and kissed all over it.

"Joey, please stop." She said to me, clearly fed up with my shit but I couldn't stop. I needed her.