chapter 4 // That "somebody"

"dude, bad news Emily just called me last minute saying she couldn't come tomorrow." Cameron said.

"Why?? What are we suppose to do with the extra car? We rented three cars for two people each. The other car would be a waste of money if nobody rides it?" I said while walking around getting in my thinking zone.

"its because she had a really bad fever. That's why I called you, do you like happen to know anybody that could go with us tomorrow?"

Just then my brain had a spark.

"wait hold that thought, I think I might have somebody that can go. I'll call you back. Bye"

"kay dude, make it quick bye."

I turned the phone off. Immediately I knew who was that "somebody". I could ask Maddison to join. It wouldn't really hurt if she just tag along.

But wait, I didn't get her phone number or house number. Dang.

It took me several minutes walking in circles figuring a way to reach her.

"Hmm.. I know! Her window is right next to mine." I said to myself.

I peeked through the window. On the other side she was sitting on her bed. She had a bug-eyed looked to the book she was reading. Guess she was a book worm.

"Yes! She's still awake! But.. what should I do to make her notice me?"

"I know!"

I yanked a microphone I had out from my closet, which was surprisingly still there, and took a sheet of paper and marker from the table then opened the window again.

"pssttt.. Maddy." I whispered into the microphone in hoping she would hear.

"pssstt.. Maddy."