Courting

I was in a quandary for the first time in my life. For the first time in forever I was self-conscious of my appearance and I wanted to look good. I have never been demeaning to myself. I believed what my parents said. And they always told me I am handsome.

"The most beautiful human being on Earth." That of course I didn't believe. I knew that was an exaggeration. I myself encounter a man much more good looking than me. Everyday. And today I wanted to look appealing in front of that man. But I'm not good with choices.

With so many clothes hung in my wardrobe I couldn't decide what to wear. What would look best on me. I woke up extra early for this yet I've come nowhere.

"Taehyung, I've been standing on your door for the past 5 minutes and all I've seen you do is stare at your wardrobe. What's wrong baby? Is everything alright." My mother questions me as I notice her enter my room.

"I can't decide what, what to wear." I say facing her.

"I had prepared your clothes for you yesterday baby. I kept them on the table. See." She says pointing at a suit on my table which I already knew of.

"It is similar, very similar to what I wore day before yesterday. Before yesterday" I inform her and continue on my hunt for an attire.

"You don't like them?" My mother asks.

"No at the moment. No, no." I answer.

"You really don't sugarcoat your words huh." She chuckles at her own statement.

"Well then what would my baby like to wear?" These are the moments when I start questioning my mother's mental IQ. She asks me questions that she knew I didn't know answers of.

"That's exactly what I don't know."

"Why are you suddenly so interested in what you wear?" I turn to her as I imitate what she does when she's done with everything. I place my hand on my temple as I shake my head.

"You ask so, so many questions. I just want to look winsome in front my boss, my my boss."

"You what?! Okay sorry, no more questions." She says as she looks around.

"Okay just one last. Do you happen to fancy your boss?" She whispers secretively in my ear making me hide in sheepishness.

______________

At the end Taehyung was now dressed thanks to the help of his mother who was overly excited to set sail to his son's love life. Taking his usual route he arrives right on time.

As he enters he could feel all the eyes on him, making him walk faster to escape those looks. Taking the elevator he gets to his floor and with swift pace he walks towards his office excited to 'impress' Jungkook. He knocks on the door before hearing a small "come in" and with his face casted down he walks right in front of Jungkook.

"You're finally here. Not that you're late or anything. I have so many things to deal with today, so your help would be much appreciated." Jungkook says momentarily looking from the files to give Taehyung a small smile. Taehyung immediately fiddles with his coat so that Jungkook could notice his new appearance but Jungkook instantly goes back to looking at his files as he starts taking out some of them and hands them to Taehyung.

"Here. Please look at all these proposals from different companies and decide which of them are the most promising and then schedule meetings with them accordingly." Jungkook hands him the file without even sparing him a look.

"Okay, okay I'll do that." Taehyung asserts him, taking the files in one hand and fixing his coat with the other but it wasn't like Jungkook was looking. So he lets got of his clothes and strolls towards his desk.

Taehyung starts working on his task with a determination to complete it as soon as he can so that he can go and see Jungkook again. He goes through all the statistics, stock rates, different tenures and starts preparing a list. Only an hour passes and his list was all prepared for Jungkook to see. He smiles to himself looking at the list and stands up to advance towards Jungkook's office.

With a shy smile he knocks on the door for the second time today and enters after getting a signal.

"I made the list Jungkook, I made it. Look at it. Inspect it." Taehyung counsels.

"Wow you're done already. And there's no need for an inspection Taehyung, just fix the meetings. I know there's too much work load today, but let's try and get done with it as soon as we can yeah?" Taehyung was left disappointed yet again as Jungkook had all his attention on his computer screen.

"Oh and please get someone to get me a coffee." Jungkook adds, making Taehyung nod his head.

He finishes making all the calls, gets Jungkook his coffee, eats his lunch and even does some extra paper works others ask him to. Evening falls and Taehyung notices it was time for him to leave. He peeks inside Jungkook's office and see him still working. Before contemplating what to do he finally decides to knock on the door and enters without waiting for a reply.

"Do you need anymore help? My my help or may I leave?" Taehyung's words makes Jungkook halt his actions. A sigh leaves his lips as he rubs his temples and then looks up at the time to see it was evening already. Things were a bit hectic today but he had managed to get things done, thanks to the help of his wonderful secretary. The thought reminds him that Taehyung was still waiting for a reply and also that he had not even looked at him properly the whole day.

He turns to look at Taehyung to tell him it was okay to leave but his words get caught in his throat at the sight he sees. Taehyung was undoubtedly the most beautiful man he had ever laid his eyes on, but today he looked even more magnificent, if that was possible. His hairs were slightly messy from working all today but were still the most beautifully disheveled hairs. He looked extremely cute yet sexy in his oversized coat. Jungkook even notices that his lips were tinted with some lip gloss, not too much but still enough to drive someone crazy. Enough to galvanize him with the thoughts of placing his lips on his. His eyes... Jungkook couldn't see his eyes.

Taehyung had noticed his intense gaze on him which made him hide his face in shyness

Taehyung had noticed his intense gaze on him which made him hide his face in shyness. He had his eyes casted down as his brain refused to make eye contact. But Jungkook wanted to see his eyes today. He wanted to watch him all. So he stands up from his chair, cups Taehyung's face in his hands with steady pace, trying not to scare him. After he makes sure that Taehyung doesn't flinch he slowly lifts up Taehyung's head, while simultaneously caressing his skin.

"Look at me Taehyung, I promise I won't scare you." Jungkook requests of Taehyung making him giggle in embarrassment. He looks up at Jungkook trying to make as many momentary eye contacts as he could. That was enough for Jungkook. He could always works with that. Everything about Taehyung screamed beauty, from his soul to his personality, to his face. And Jungkook was bewitched.

"Let me court you Taehyung."

Taehyung didn't know what to reply.