Chapter 9: Cherry Blossom Festival

At 6pm sharp,Kurenai entered my room in a kimono with a bag of my kimono and a bag of make ups and accessories. Holy..

"Sakura-chan! Ready for the festival?"

"Yeah!" I squealed happily.

She immediately helped me to put on my very first kimono. I sat in front of the mirror and she did my hair. My hair was short,so she just clipped my friends to the side and tucked a cherry blossom on my ear. She applied very little make up on my face to make it look natural.

"Done! You look so cute!!" She squealed.

"T-Thank you,Kurenai-san" I blushed.

"Come,lets show your daddy" She pushed me to the door.

"I don't have a daddy.." I said sadly.

"I thought Kakashi volunteered to take the responsibility as your father and teacher?" She asked.

"Well.. I honestly don't know why he kept me,but I'm very sure it's out of pity" I said and faked a smile.

She studied my face and sighed. She smiled at me and pulled me out of the room.

"Kakashi! You done yet?" Kurenai called.

"Yea,yea.. Coming.." He said as he walked out from his room. He looked at me and froze.

Kakashi's POV

The moment I walked out of my room,I saw the cutest thing in my life. Little Sakura. She looked so adorable with a big round eyes. I felt..proud... I felt like embracing her and show her to the world. Proud.. Why?

Proud because she looked like the best thing in the world. And I want to brag about her to the whole world of how proud I am. She is like a true prodigy. She has a great appearance and great talent as a kunoichi.

"Come,the rest are waiting at the festival" Kurenai said holding her hand and walked towards the door. Something in me wants to snatch her away from Kurenai.. To show that she is mine.

"Kurenai,let me hold her" I said politely.

She smiled at me and pushed Sakura to me. Sakura looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back at her. It's like ever since she came,she brightened up my world again. She softened my heart and broke the barrier.

I held her small little hands and walked to the festival. Kurenai went to meet up with Asuma. Those love birds.. I smirked.

Sakura was skipping her way towards the place while swing her hands and sing some happy songs. I felt like embracing her more and announce his happy I am to have her. She is like a little sunshine. An angel. My cherry blossom angel.. I smiled.

"It's so pretty and full of people!!" She squealed. I giggled silently under my mask.

We walked in the crowds and suddenly,I felt my hand was empty. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. I started to panic. Sakura!

"SAKURA!" I called. I walked around the crowds hoping to catch a glimpse of pink. "SAKURA!" I looked around and saw her sitting by the side where it isn't crowded.

"Sakura!" I ran to her. The moment I reach her,I pull her into a hug. I sighed in relief. "Oh God,you almost gave me a heart attack."

"I'm sorry for making you worried.. I was pushed to the ground,so I walked here" She said as tears were forming.

"It's okay,it's okay. At least you are okay." I pulled away and examined her,"Are you hurt?"

"No,just minor scratches on my palm." She answered and showed me her palm. At least it isn't bleeding. I bought water and cleaned it.

After I'm done,I carried her on my shoulders. Her legs on both sides of my neck. I held both of her hands and walked around to find the group. I spotted a mushroom hair and figured that was Gai,so I walked over.

"AH,MY YOUTHFUL CHERRY BLOSSOM LOOKS SO ADORABLE TODAY" He said and tried to hug her but I kicked his shin. I sensed Yamato behind me and kicked his shin too.

"Ow!" He yelped.

"I can sense you behind me,Yamato" I said. "No smoking,Asuma"

"Fine..fine... For the sake of her" Asuma sighed. Kurenai giggled.

We played the whole night. I didn't play,but I enjoyed myself looking at how happy Sakura is. She pulled me everywhere and seemed to forget about everything. It's nice to see her so happy.

We stayed until the fireworks are over. She watch the fire works and stared at it in awe. I chuckled silently at her expression.

Since it was late,I carried her home as she slept in my arms. Kurenai came along to help me change Sakura into her pajamas.

After she went home,I tucked her in bed and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Good night"