Chapter 8

"Dani what's wrong?" Ashley asked. Should I tell her? I thought. Of course I should she is my girlfriend, I love her what's stopping me? "Dani?" She asked once again. "Um, yeah sorry I just remembered something." I said. She looked at me waiting for me to explain what I had remembered, but I didn't know if I should. "Everything." I said. Her mouth dropped as she squeezed me tightly. "That's amazing!" She squealed. She had screamed so loud my parents rushed into my room. "Why are you screaming Ashley?" My mom questioned. "Dani got her memory back!" Ashley screamed. It was a lot to take in. I didn't think it would be this weird to have my memories back.

---

The next morning everyone was eccentric. "Hey I think I'm going to walk to school today." I said. "Let me go grab my bag and we can walk together." Ashley said. I quickly turned her down. I could see the disappointment on her face, but I wanted to be alone for a bit.

It was a beautiful day, and it was silent. Sometimes it was good to be alone. It was especially nice since no one was screaming about how I got my memories back. "Dani!" What in the hell. I looked behind me and saw none other than Megan. "Dani wait up!" She yelled. I didn't slow down, if anything I started walking faster, but of course she ran to catch up with me. "Why in the hell didn't you wait for me?" She said. "Why in the hell are you talking to me? Because I remember telling you to stay away, and before you even ask I got my memories back, so you can leave me alone Megan." I demanded. I started walking faster, and eventually we were feet apart.

---

I was heading to first period when someone tugged on the jacket I was wearing. I looked to see who was tugging me and saw it was Ashley. "What's up with you?" She asked. "Nothing, it's just weird to have my memories back, don't get me wrong I'm glad there back, but I feel different." I said. "I don't understand what you're going through Dani, I might never understand it, but I want you to know I'll support you through everything, because I love you and nothings going to change that okay?" She asked. I nodded and planted a small kiss on her lips. "Now let's get to class." She said. I didn't know how Ashley did it, but she always seemed to make me feel better.

---

I just got out of detention, but Ashley never showed. I went outside and her car was still here, so where the fuck was she? I called her, no answer, but I did hear her phone ringing. I followed the sound and saw something I never wanted to see, something I never thought I would see.