Mutant

I just realized, it’s the fifth day and I still haven’t seen Connor’s face. He’s probably hot, just saying. I mean his voice is pretty deep and all. BUT WAIT. I don’t want to sound shallow and all but maybe the reason why he never comes out of his room… He’s probably really hideous! Maybe a mutant!

That makes sense, he didn’t really want to see my face and made sure the door was always closed every time I brought food up. I get it. He’s a hideous monster with a very hot voice. Kind of like Beauty and the Beast. Yeah, that’s the best explanation and reason why. Well, I really don’t mind if someone is insecure with themselves. We all have imperfections. I think I want to see how he looks now. Today I shall, no I WILL see him.

As usual I feed the dogs in the morning around eight and then make breakfast straight away. I made crepes this time adding a chocolate happy face for Jeremy. And as usual I did my routine of going up the stairs and yelling out, “Food! I got your food!”

And a few seconds later they should be saying, “Leave it there and leave.”

“No,” I replied. “Open the door and get it from me.”

“I’d rather not, you’re getting out of place here.”

“Look, I’m kind of sick of all the stupid pranks you’re doing and it’s really hard to babysit when the ‘kids’ aren’t cooperating. Either open the door or you’re not getting breakfast. I mean it.”

“… I can’t.”

“Psh, lie! Does it hurt your pride that much? Just open the door!”

“Like I said I can’t! I just can’t.”

“Do you want your food or not?”

“I do want it, that’s why I just said leave it there! I just can’t!

“If you can’t then how do you manage to pick the food off the floor after I leave?”

“Jeremy does it for me. You know what? Just come in and see for yourself. The door’s open.”

This was the moment I was waiting for. I wonder, maybe he truly is like a mutant? It’s okay though, I can explain to him I have mutant friends of my own. This is the moment. I pushed the door, a surprise that I did not expect…