Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tҽɳ - Gαƚσ

"Maybe death hurts more than life."

- Anonymous

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"Gato?" Kakashi's eyebrows shot up to his hairline. "What is he doing here?"

"He..." Tsunami looked so pale that the jonin thought she'd faint at any second. "He killed my husband. Be careful."

Kakashi merely nodded, before the door was crushed, and a huge looking thug stood there, trying to intimidate whoever was inside. It worked for Tsunami, but Kakashi looked less than impressed. His stance was horrible, and if Kakashi attacked right now, he could kill the man with one strike.

Storming into the house, the thugs filed in one by one, with a rich-looking businessman standing in the middle of all of the thugs.

"You must be Gato." Kakashi said offhandedly, and it pissed the man off to see someone not cowering in front of his 'army'. 

Gato gritted his teeth. "You must be the one who killed Zabuza and the Demon Brothers."

"Nope." Kakashi popped the 'p', much to Gato's annoyance. "I only killed Zabuza. The others? Mah, I don't know what happened to them."

In reality, Kakashi did kill the Demon Brothers, but it was his genin who captured them. He didn't want the young twelve-year-olds to be caught up in killing and end up making them ruthless machines, like the ROOT. He wanted to contract a mission especially for their first kill, so they would be prepared.

"Idiot." Gato seethed. "Do you not know who I am?"

"Do you not know who I am?" Kakashi countered, his voice becoming cold. "This family is currently under my protection, and if you aren't going to move and leave them alone, I am going to remove you from the premise."

"You're going to kill me?" Gato let out a laugh of disbelief. 

"If that's what you prefer. Death." Kakashi's demeanour seemed to switch from his laid-back jonin sensei to the killer, Kakashi of the Sharigan. 

"You're outnumbered." Gato pointed out smugly, crossing his arms.

Kakashi seemed to smile from under the mask, and it unnerved most of the thugs. "But I'm still more skilled, and faster. You're at a disadvantage."

"Still, there's only one of you. Kill one, the end." Gato sneered, a scowl on his face. "Get him."

"Kage Bushin no Jutsu (Shadow Clone Jutsu)," Kakashi whispered, and ten more Kakashis appeared behind him, scaring the life out of some thugs. 

Gato growled. "What do you think you're doing? Get him!"

Kakashi smiled like a fox. "Am I outnumbered now?"

Engaging the thugs in battle, Kakashi had to admit fighting them was like a walk in the park. Yes, they might have the build and muscle, but they lacked grace and speed. The Kakashi clones were all accounted for, and none of them had even a scratch on them. Advancing towards Gato together, the businessman fled and ran.

"Don't let him escape!" Kakashi ordered, running in tow with his clones, who all separated, but didn't go far.

"Hijutsu: Makyō Hyōshō (Secret Technique: Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals)." A voice commanded, and mirrors all appeared around Kakashi and his clones, with one person standing within the mirrors.

Kakashi was surprised. He had never seen this before, but that wasn't enough to get under his skin. After a few rounds with this mysterious man who dressed like a Kiri ninja and had a hunter-nin mask, Kakashi soon found that he couldn't keep up with the speed the young man used.