12.

{Swearing, abusive language, possible triggering}

After my trip with the rock and the words that I spoke I made my way home finally.

"Your late you little slut!" my dad screams and pushes me into the back of the couch.

Why out of all days do I have to get a beating today?

"Why are you late? Were you out fucking some boy like the slut you are!!!" He yells.

You could smell the clear consumption of alcohol in his breath.

He punches me multiple times then walks away.

"Make sure you clean up all your blood and shit I don't wanna see you for the rest of the night until dinner." he says walking away.

"And we have guests so make your self look presentable and not the slut whore bag you are." he yells and finally walks into his room.

I make my way up to my room and get to the bathroom.

Guests we don't have guests.

Who are these people.

I look in the mirror and take my horrifying appearance.

My blonde hair had bits of blood through it, I have a black eye, a split lip, and bruises over my arms, stomach and face.

I get into the shower and wash my hair, while in the shower I find the razor make a few small cuts my stomach.

The stinging sensation and the water hitting it made it burn but made me feel release and happiness.

Once cleaned up and shaved I get out and find an outfit acceptable for the "guests".

I walk into the wardrobe and find a pair of jeans and a faded brown patterned sweater.

Once dressed I go back to my bathroom and brush my hair I leave it natural, who can be bothered doing hair these days.

Not me.

I reach for my makeup bag and cover up all the bruises that are visible and my black eye.

I put on my normal mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.

Once ready I sit in my room and do some homework that needs to be done.

Halfway through my homework my phone goes off.

I'm surprised to see who messaged me.

Eve: Tomorrow we have to talk. Eve x

What did she want to speak to me about?

When I was gonna reply I get my dad screaming at me.

"Hey bitch get your ass down here!"

Ugh those guests must be here.

I slowly open my door to face my dad.

He looks me up and down to see if my outfit was acceptable.

"That's fine. Be nice, don't be rude, and only speak when spoken to not like you would speak anyways, if you break the normal rules you will be punished and I won't make it happy." he says and walks away down the stairs.

I slowly make my way down the steps and into the living room where I hear many voices.

I was shocked to see who was here.

Luke and his mum

Why in the world where they eye in my house over for dinner.

Something isn't right.

"And this is my daughter Katrina." my father introduces me.

"Hello dear. My name is Lace and my son Luke." Lace introduces.

I give them a light smile.

"Dinner!" My mother yells.

My mum cooking something there's something wrong with my family tonight.

I lead the way to the dinning room and take a seat at the end of the table.

The seat slides out beside me and to my surprise it's Luke.

"Hey Kat." he says giving me a smile.

I smile back.

Dinner comes and sits on the table it's a roast.

I grab a little bit and my dad and mum give me a death stare but I ignore it and eat.

If looks could kill I would be dead.

"You look beautiful tonight." those 4 words Luke just told me made my world go crazy.

I feel the blood rise to my cheeks and I look down at my plate.

"Hey don't ever hide your beautiful face from me. Ever." Luke says putting his finger under my chin and pulling my face up to his.

His thumb runs across my cheek with the massive bruise and I flinch.

"Oh my I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." Luke says worriedly.

I give him a smile assuring that it's okay.

"So Katrina what are your plans after you graduate?" Lace asks me.

Oh shit.

I just shrug my shoulders and go back to picking at my peas.

"Okay well it was lovely to meet you all and thank you for dinner it was amazing. And thank you for welcoming us into your home for this chat." Lace says.

"Cya at school tomorrow Kat. Bye everyone." Luke says waving and walking out of the home.

Lace gives me a quick hug and walks out of the house.

The front door shuts.

Then there were three.

Well this is awkward I think to myself.

"Bitch go clean up then go to bed." my mother says and then my dad drags me by my hair into the kitchen.

After cleaning and all I get into my pjs and lay in bed thinking about tonight.

Why did Luke sit next to me? Did he mean it when be called me beautiful? Why is he so nice to me? What did Eve wanna speak to me about? Why were my parents acting strange?

This world is fucked up.