Unfortunate Events

The forest shined amongst the green of their leaves. Rabbits and deer roamed around there, doing their own business. Barely noises could be heard, except for the songs the birds sang and the loud banging against a tree. The sun beam on something that was silver, that was hitting the tree with destructive force. Almost as if the sun was cutting through the tree itself. Eventually, the tree tumbled down with a large thud. Disturbing all the birds and any animal nearby to scatter and hide. The silver object was placed onto the stump, revealing it to be a sharp axe. The man sat down in the shade, and gulped down some water he had stored in a small leather sack. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and rested. A man came from a path, he had a cheerful smile on his face that gave a warm welcome.
"Derrick, I see you're back to cutting trees again." The man said.
"Carson asked for more wood and no one else is doing it." Derrick explained.
"Well, don't work yourself too hard cause we don't want anything bad happening to you."The man said, giving an awkward smile. "Anyway, Carson asked me to check up on you."
"Well I'm doing alright, not too much of a problem." Derrick assured.
"Good to hear, I'm gonna go get back to training out there, especially for what we have to get ready for."
Derrick nodded and the man ran off to the path he came from. Getting up from his break, he got his axe.
I need to get back home, lunch should be ready by the time I get there. He thought to himself.
He walked up the path, carrying his axe as he walked. He took off his shirt because of the heat of the sun beaming on to him. As he walked he heard something tumbling down the path. He looked in front him and saw a small object tumbling towards him. It reached his feet and his eyes opened widely. It was the head of the man he talked to earlier. It was cut clean off, he had an idea what kind of person would do it. He held his axe up and ready for anyone to pop out of the forest. He heard what sounded like footsteps. They came from every direction, at least to him. Then they stopped and he listened closely. He saw a shadow above him, it was a large branch. Though, there was a large figure walking quietly upon it. He looked up and the figure jumped down with a sword aiming at him. Derrick quickly put his axe above him as the sword dug into it. The axe barely held as the sword nearly cut through it. The figure turned out to be a dark elf. He wore all black, his face was barely visible.
"You're the infamous bounty hunter. The only dark elf known to exist." Derrick pointed out.
"You know a thing or two. Not many know of me, have we met?" The dark elf asked as he took his sword off the axe and put it back to his side. It was a katana, very few knew to make one.
"If we've met before I wouldn't be here." Derrick said, smirking.
"You're not who I'm looking for so no need for violence right?" The Dark Elf asked with a daring grin.
"I rather not, I know a little what you're capable of and who you've killed." Derrick explained, putting his axe by his side. "Why did you kill the man earlier?"
"He bumped into me, no touching me or death."
"I see, but what brings you here?"
"No particular reason, someone hired me to kill someone and having a difficult time finding him. It's been awhile since I've had that kind of trouble."
"Who is it that you're searching for?"
"If I told you, I may have to kill you if you don't know where the person is."
"I see, if i'm not helpful then it's death."
"Willing to take the risk?"
"I know most people so...I'll give it a shot."
"Cocky one you are yet willing to give your life, noble but stupid. The person I'm looking for is a nice ginger fellow, Ray."
Derrick eyes opened wider than before. 'Of all the people, Carson's brother' he thought to himself. "I...I know where he is." Derrick said in a shaky tone.
"Oh. Do tell." The Dark Elf said getting closer, revealing his wicked smile.
"He's currently at the kingdom, with two others in his group. An elf and a woman" Derrick responded.
"Hm, lets see if you're lying." The Dark Elf pulled out an object that had an orange like gem. It glowed orange as it was fueled by magic. It showed an eye in the middle of it and analyzed Derrick who was slightly shaking in fear. Then quickly the eye closed.
"Oh would you look at that, you weren't lying. Thank you for your input. Of course tell anyone you will die, as well as anyone you love." The Dark Elf walked away into the forest and eventually disappeared. Derrick could feel his heart pumping within his chest as it was slowing down and he fell to his knees.
"Holy crap!" Derrick said out loud. Realizing he gave up the position of Carson's brother. If Carson knew, Derrick wouldn't be standing anymore and he knew it. He stood back up, took a quick breather. He put his hand upon his head and said, "Magic Elemento, Recuerda Nada"
His hand was lifted off his head and then continued to walk up the path.

Carson and Heather chatted upon a hill, realizing the goblins were nowhere to be seen, Only a few retreating from yesterday. Carson had a smile on his face knowing nothing bad happened. He looked over at Heather as she was reading what looked like a diary.
"What's that?" Carson asked her.
Heather looked up with a smile, "It's my planning book, I'm gonna need you for tomorrow."
"Oh?" Carson asked confused. "For what exactly."
"I'm going to a town a little ways away that the kingdom basically abandoned, maybe we can convince them to join us." She explained.
"And you need me for what?" Carson asked.
"Well it's a bigger town than I usually go for, it would help having the leader be there to help me."
"Alright fine, I'll help." Carson said with a smile.
"Great, cause it saves me from forcing you." Heather pointed out.
"Wait what?"
"Something wrong?"
"How would you force me?"
"You know how."
She gave him a smirk causing him to turn red slightly.
"Sometimes I dislike your wicked ways."
"You have to deal with it one way or another, anyway we should get ready cause it's gonna be a journey."
"Fine then, but don't you dare try to force me into anything."
"Fine Carson."