Good Knight World

The new day began, the sun peeking over the hills after the long night. In the wagon, which was riding down a dirt path, Ray and Eliza were fast asleep. Nyzla could feel his eyes drifting away because of sleep deprivation. He felt weak but still held on. Ray soon woke up, rubbed his eyes and hovered his hand over his eyes to protect him from the blinding light. He yawned and stretched a bit, Nyzla turned back at him with a smile.
"Mind taking control, haven't gotten any sleep all night?" Nyzla asked politely.
Ray struggled but gave a sarcastic look, "Fine, but only ten minutes." He responded.
He gave a cheerful smile and climbed in the back quickly before resting his eyes. Ray got in the front and held the rope. He watched as he saw the large structure appear in the distance. Squinting, he could see that it was the castle they were after. A smile crossed Ray's face as he looked at it. He looked back at the group and saw Eliza and Nyzla sleeping. Eliza held onto her sword as she slept, it was one the things Ray found odd about her. Nyzla, instantly fell asleep, laid on his stomach and had a smile on his face as if he was having a sweet dream. Ray smiled once more before returning and looking once more towards the Castle. It was one of the biggest kingdoms in the region and was one of the richest. The fact that they wanted to see Ray and his group was shocking to him. He couldn't get it out of his mind on why, but he felt ready for what was to come.

After a long time of riding, they finally made it to the castle. Upon arriving, a guard halted them. His silver armor shined amongst the sun, making it white and bright.
"What brings you here travelers?" He asked in a deep voice.
Ray put on a confident smile, "My name is Ray, me and my group here were invited here." He responded.
The guard then began laughing, "Ha, why would anyone invite such low life people like yourselves." He continued to laugh which made Ray lose his smile.
"The king himself." Ray said with a slightly irritated tone. "I have the letters to prove it." He then brought out the letters and showed him. The guard looked at it carefully, making sure not to miss a single word. He then sighed and handed back the letters.
"You are free to come in, just don't get any big ideas." He warned before signaling to open the gates.
Ray nodded as he brought the wagon inside.

When entering, the houses were all marvelous. The stone was smoothed and the wooden roof topped it off. Ray couldn't but stare and watch. The people were all wearing nice clean clothes and seemed to have a peaceful life. Ray led the horses down the stone road that led to the Castle itself. Eliza sat up while rubbing her eyes. Making her bounce back realizing she wasn't on the dirt road anymore. She looked beside her and saw Nyzla sleeping peacefully. She then looked up and saw Ray. She peeked over the wagon once more.
"When did we get here?" Eliza asked Ray.
"We got here a little bit ago. Didn't hear the obnoxious laughter the guard had?" Ray asked with a chuckle.
She placed her sword beside her, "No, probably because of how loud you get that I'm used to such loud things." She jabbed.
He turned over to her, "You wanna go? Cause if you wanna go we can." He said with a cocky smile.
She couldn't help but laugh out loud, "You're funny. How many times have I won when we sparred." She returned the smile.
Ray quickly turned around, not giving any eye contact and mumbled something. She ignored it while knowing she won, then looked around the kingdom.
"Imagine if our town had buildings like this. It would stop all those goblins from destroying the place." She said. Ray just nodded in agreement.

They eventually made it to the Castle's doors. Ray jumped off while Eliza climbed out. Ray then noticed Nyzla wasn't awake.
"Nyzla, wake up!" Ray yelled. Nyzla jumped up and pulled out his knife,
"Who is attacking!" He asked in a panic.
Ray face palmed and shook his head. Eliza crossed her arms in disappointment.
"We're at the castle. I don't think having your knife out would show much respect here." Eliza pointed out. Nyzla the felt stupid and gave an awkward smile,
"Yeah probably a good idea." He said.He then climbed out of the wagon himself. Following behind them and then up with Ray. As they walked Nyzla analyzed the area and admired it. He looked over to Ray,
"Honestly, whoever built this castle is a master architect. Makes me remember when I wanted to be one." Nyzla said as he kept admiring the wall.Ray seemed curious,
"Why didn't you?""I never really got into it. Wasn't excited but I felt proud when I made something. I helped build a house before."
"Huh, that's pretty cool."
They eventually found themselves into what seems like the throne room. There were three people sitting there. It was the King, the Queen, and the princess. The King had fuzzy and somewhat long hair. The Queen had her hair braided to the back and was skinny for her age. The princess was small and skinny, and also had dirty blonde hair. The king stood up with a smile and walked toward the group. Beside them was two knights guarding the area.
"Welcome welcome, you must be the hunter group the Mayor of Hunsinville talked about." The King greeted them. The three smiled at the greeting and Ray nodded in agreement.
"I heard you three have great talents and he told me you three would be worth being a knight to protect my kingdom." He then glared at them before having a cheerful smile. "There's one way for you all to prove yourselves. You all will be assigned to spar with three different knights. They are skilled in their element and they will not be easy. If you defeat them, then you've proved yourselves worthy to be a part of the kingdom's knight army! Are you ready?" He then gave them a curious look as he waited for an answer.
"Let's do it!" Nyzla said with a confident smile.
"Why not, if I can handle these two I can handle a simple knight." Eliza smirked.
"Can't not take a challenge." Ray said with energy. The king then cheered,
"Such energy, I like it already." He said, "Follow me and we can begin. They eventually found themselves in what looked like an arena. Three knights stood in the middle of the room. Both in heavy metal armor and swords in the ready. Nyzla felt excited for the fight yet afraid at the same time. They then stood in front of the knights and the King sat upon a chair and looked above them.
"Alright let's begin, Ray, you will be the first to fight." The king announced. Eliza and Nyzla sat on one side of the small arena while the two other knights sat on the opposite side. Ray then walked on the edge nearest to the king and faced the knight who was in ready position.
"Alright. Show me what you got Ray!" He yelled.
Ray then looked confused, "What are the rules to winning?" He asked in concern. The king chuckled a bit,
 "The first to draw blood, not killing, is declared the winner." He explained. Ray then thought for a moment. "Using a bow in this close of space is just death." Ray though to himself. " I guess I'll have to use my sword then." He then pulled out his sword, which shined in bright red. Both Ray and knight ran toward each other and clashed swords. The knight tried to hit from above but Ray quickly blocked it. The pressure that the knight was giving was pushing Ray to his knees. Without a second thought, Ray kicked him in the chest causing the knight to stumble back. The knight then began casting a spell. "Magic Elemento, Scalded Rain!" He yelled. Small orbs of water went straight toward Ray with high speeds. When the water touched Ray, it burned his skin but not enough for him to bleed. Even in his armor he could feel the heat.
"You wanna play it that way huh." Ray taunted, "My turn. Magic Elemento, Flaming Whiplash!" He then shot out a wide but short wave of fire. The knight tried to dodge but there wasn't enough room for him to move. With the impact, the knight stumbled back some more. With the opportunity, Ray dashed forward and slashed his sword to the left of the knight, causing the piece of the armor to fly off. Blood could be heard dripping, it was small but not deep enough to do any real harm. The King stood up and cheered.
"Marvelous, Marvelous! Great skill from such a hunter." The King shouted. Ray jumped up in excitement.
"Hell yeah!" He yelled. Nyzla cheered while Eliza shook her head while smiling. Ray then sat beside them and gave Nyzla a fist bump. Eliza was next for the fight and the knight just laughed as he walked up to the field. This confused everyone as he continued to laugh.
"You can't be serious? Why should I fight a woman? They can't fight!" He continued to laugh. Ray was about to attack the guy but Nyzla held him back.
"Ray, you know she's got this in the bag." Nyzla whispered to Ray. Ray then calmed down and smiled,
"You're right."
Then Ray sat back down and relaxed.Eliza just smiled, one where you couldn't tell what she was thinking. The knight took off his helmet and showed a stupid grin.
"This is gonna be easy." He said. Eliza pulled out her sword,
 "Oh you're such a charmer. All the ladies must love you." She mocked him. He continued to smile,
 "Well of course, who else could protect such helpless people."
Eliza then smirked, "I guess you're right, helpless like you."
The knight got irritated and pulled out his sword, "We'll see who's helpless."
The King stood up, "Begin!"
The knight dashed forward and tried slashing toward her chest. She then ducked under his sword and kicked him off his feet. He fell onto his back but quickly recovered.
"You all make such obvious movements. Especially one as basic as that." Eliza mocked again.
The knight then grew angrier, he raised his sword and it glowed green.
"Magic Elemento, Poison Strike!" He yelled while quickly slashing down. Eliza quickly blocked upwards, clashing both their blades.T
he knight smiled while angry, "You are nothing! Helpless and weak!" He yelled.
Eliza smirked once more, "Who knew a knight was so rude and also so blind."He then felt confused about what she meant by blind.
She closed her eyes, "Magic Elemento, Blinding Sphere!" She shouted and an orb of bright light flashed within the knight's eyes causing him to fall back and rub his eyes.
"My eyes, I can't see!" He yelled. He dropped his sword and fell to his knees while rubbing his eyes.
Eliza just laughed at him, "Like I said, helpless." She got up to his ear, "Like you." She then slashed his right arm and blood dripped from his armor. The knights helped him over to the seats,
"Don't worry, the blindness only lasts a minute or two." She said before walking back to Ray and Nyzla.
As she sat beside them she looked over to them. Nyzla in shock and Ray looking as if he was about to burst.
 She then sighed, "Go on, let it out."
"That was awesome!" They both yelled at the same time.
Now it was Nyzla's turn. He stepped up to the field but the King stepped up and stopped everything.
"All of you, amazing, clearly you are worth it to be part of this army. Nyzla I hate cutting this short and not showing your skill, but something has come up that I must deal with. Thank you for all your time." He then quickly disappeared into a room, leaving the six standing and confused.
The knight that was about to fight Nyzla took off his helmet. Revealing what looked like an older man. He gave a big smile,
"It's time I show my little recruits where they will be staying." He said.
"Your recruits?" They said in shock.
wThe man just laughed, "Well of course, I'm one of the captains of the army here." He said.