A Planned Friendly Rebellion

Carson stood in front of a wall. A painting, one of two people but their faces cut off from the painting. There were burnt marks around the frame and partially on the painting itself. There was another person in the painting, it was a younger Carson with a fake smile. Carson continued to look at it before being tapped on the shoulder. He turned around revealing a familiar that gave him a smile.
"Ah Derrick, how are you?" Carson asked him.
"Just fine, just got word we have more people heading their way here to join our cause." Derrick explained.
"I see." Carson said while putting his hand to his chin. "We have a lot more to do before things can be put into order."
Derrick nodded, "Indeed. But Heather is a convincing person. Knowing her, she'll be able to convince anyone, at least not the upper ranked knights."
Carson then raised his head, "Speaking of Heather, where is she?"
"I'm unsure," Derrick shrugged, "I'm sure she's somewhere around here and if not, she's with one of the main groups who went out this morning."
Carson then gave a warm smile, "Thanks Derrick. Anyway i'm gonna go check on the new recruits and see how their training is going."
"Alright then, see you around."
Derrick then walked away leaving Carson by himself. Carson's smile stayed on his face as he walked down the opposite hallway of Derrick's direction.
Eventually making it outside, Carson saw all the new recruits practicing and sparring with one another. Both spells and weapons alike. As he walked past a few, one fell in front of him. It was a younger boy, a few years younger than Carson or at least assumed to be. Carson held out his hand and the boy grabbed it and was pulled up.
"You alright?" Carson asked him.
The boy gave an awkward smile, "Yeah, just not used to sparring or fighting in general sir." He explained.

Carson gave a light chuckle, "Well luckily you're learning. Learning is always the hardest part, but once you get it, it'll be easy." Carson explained.
The boy then gave a tap on his head, "Yeah but this hard head of mine isn't much help." He laughed.
Carson then laughed with him.
"It can be like that for sure. What's your name by the way?"
"It's Thomas sir."
"I see, well it was nice to meet you Thomas."
"Likewise sir. Anyway, I should get back to training before I get left behind."
Thomas then quickly ran off to spar with the other boy he was with. Carson couldn't help but have a larger smile on his face. He looked over to his left and noticed Heather was on top of a large hill. Carson quickly ran over to see what she was up to. Upon getting on top of the hill, he saw she was reading what seem to be notes. She didn't notice his presence, so he decided to try to sneak up on her. As he walked up to her and about to touch her, She put her hand up to his face without looking,
"Magic Elemento, Temp Paralyze" She said and little sparks popped from her hand. He was then stuck in place before she turned around and gave a smile.
"Sheesh, you should know by now that sneaking up on me is a terrible idea." She laughed.
Carson gave an annoyed look.
"Har har, now can I be released." He asked in a slight annoyed tone.
She then tapped his nose, "Poor you, sadly not, you'll just have to wait." She said. "But since you're here, I can tell you what I have in mind for the rebellion."
Carson then rolled his eyes, "Well I'm not going anywhere."
Heather then clapped her hands, "Great."
She was about to begin but then Derrick appeared over the hill.
"Look at this." He began while giving a smile, "Carson got himself stuck again." He then began laughing.
Carson then began getting frustrated and tried to move as much as he could. His face even turned red in the process. This amused Derrick and Heather a ton and could help but laugh. Carson then stopped struggling and calmed down, "Can I please not be paralyzed?" Carson pleaded.
Heather giggled, "Since you asked so nicely."
She then touched his shoulder and closed her eyes,
"Magic Elemento, Reverse Current." She said.
The sparks flew off Carson and back to Heather. Heather then turned to Derrick with a curious look.
"What brings you here?" She asked him.
"Well I figured I would stop by since Carson was looking for you earlier." Derrick explained.
"Oh." Heather said before turning to Carson, "What is that you needed?"
Carson then cleared his throat, "Nothing particular, just was curious where you were." He explained, "But since you had ideas for the plan, mind telling me?"
Heather's smile then disappeared. "Well less ideas and more of concern."
Both Carson and Derrick looked at each other then back to her.
"What is it?" Derrick asked.
"Well you see, this whole thing, this rebellion, how do we know this will work? What if the message doesn't get across?" She asked in a concerned tone.
Derrick looked over at Carson once more, "She's right, what if things do go wrong? Think about it, this kind of thing can only happen once." Derrick pointed out.
Carson looked down and thought for a minute before looking back up with a big smile on his face which made Heather slightly shocked.
"Yes I understand how big of a deal this is. It's something that we have to put full effort into." He began. "I have full faith in everyone here and they aren't alone, more people are joining us and by the end of this month we can put our plan in motion. The people here aren't here because they have to, but here to make the message clear, especially to the kingdom which they've been dreaded from." Carson explained.
Derrick and Heather stood in silence for a minute before Heather brought a smile to her face.
"We have to do this." Heather said.
Carson then looked over to Derrick who had a cocky,
"We'll prove to those scumbags what it means." Derrick agreed.
Carson then wrapped his arms around them and made a group hug.
"This isn't for us, but for everyone." Carson said.
They all cheered and continued to talk a little more. Derrick and Heather eventually had their own conversation which allowed Carson to go watch the recruits sparred until it was sunset. Around that time, they went back inside to eat dinner and socialize. The field was empty and all there was left was Carson and both of his friends.
Derrick brought some dinner from inside to the group. It was drumsticks and corn tonight. One of the occasional times dinner was good. Derrick Was eating four or five of them while the others were eating two or three. Carson then stopped eating and looked down at the grass as it moved within the gentle breeze. Heather noticed and was curious what was on his mind.

"You alright Carson?" Heather asked worried.
Carson raised up his head, "Yeah just feel like an idiot."
Saying those words stopped Derrick from eating, "What do you mean." He said while food was in his mouth.
"It's about Ray isn't it?" Heather asked.
Carson nodded, "I just feel terrible that I forgot about him for two weeks. I just don't understand how I did."
Heather put a hand on his shoulder.
"Maybe because of the fact you were finally free of your parents you didn't have a second thought." Heather suggested.
"Maybe, but still, it was selfish of me. I wonder constantly what could've been different if I went back for him." Carson said.
"Well don't put too much on it, we all make mistakes here, some bigger than others. But look at where you are now and what you've built. Just one of those milestones is trying to convince your brother." Derrick explained.
"But because of the past I don't see how I could convince him to join our cause. What if he joins the kingdom?" Carson Explained.
"Then we knock some sense into him." Derrick suggested with a slight chuckle.
Heather then rolled her eyes, "There's always a way of convincing someone. You just got to prove to him that he can forgive you."
Carson nodded, "Yeah, but how is another story."
Derrick and Heather nodded in agreement. Before long, Derrick picked up the trash and headed back inside. Heather then walked over to the edge of the hill that looked over to the forest. Carson sat back down in the grass. As Heather looked over the hill, she noticed trees were moving oddly and figures moving within it. She looked over to Carson,
"Carson toss me your spyglass." She ordered.
Carson then walked over to Heather and handed it to her. She then looked closer at the forest. She then put it down and she gave a concerned look. She then handed the spyglass back to Carson who was confused. He then looked through it himself. There were goblins, many of them. Many small but some were larger than the average human. Armed with rusted weapons and armor. He then followed where they were going and saw their destination. He lowered the spyglass,
"They're heading toward the kingdom."