Episode 1 : Too Hot For News(ies)

❤❤MUST READ! ❤❤

Im not done the full series so it will be a while for the next one to be out. Also this one isn't great but the rest will be.

Also the next chapter will be labelled  "Episode 1 behind the scenes " so you can imagine this as a set.

Btw the episdoes are in fanfic form. Not in tv.  Though imagine the first scene; the camera focuses on boots and shoes running, switching between pairs then silohetes of people. Until it's revealed it's the newsies )

Btw this chapter is a bit formal but I'll loosen it in other chapters.

Ep 1.  Too Hot for News (ies)

The running footsteps filled the morning breeze of Manhattan. As New York was known as the city that never sleeps, majority of the residents were up for their work hours. Especially a certain work group. Who were running, jumping and laughing through the streets to their work. Unlike most.

They stopped at the World. A newspaper company -  to those who worked there -  this was the world they worked in. The people who jumped their way to workd had to  deliver the papers of the company -  despite how bad the writing might be at times. Though,  they would rather be out than stuck scrubbing dishes all day or in a dangerous factory.

Jack Kelly -  the leader of the group -  smirked leaning against the gates. He called to his fellow newsies. The name given to the workers. They came over after laughing and playing games, some even finishing bread the nuns gave them.
"So boys, who thinks the headline will be a sucker?"

Most newsies nodded. At times they wouldn't get catchy headlines for weeks, sometimes a month or two. So exaggerating, the slightly boring, headline was a key element of theirs.

"It's always a sucker" A blonde kid with the name Race chatted "When can they get new writers? Can they at least pretend somethings happening? I bet i could be a better writer than them"

Cheers called put the the Racer. Laughing how he couldn't even read properly which the boy snapped at.

"Hey lets not forget the work boy who gone missing" Jack nudged him, he was almost too jolly "That was a keen story, huh?"

"That story lasted a day....nobody cares for some street kid" A cigar left Race's lips. This point was true. No one batted an eye if a street kid had gone. They were just workers of this of this city. Just common folk.

Jack sadly smiled knowing the boy was right.

"This will cheer ya up" A ginger boy spoke. Some newsies started to make funny comments all of a sudden; as  figures came towards them. Brothers,  Oscar and Morris Delancy, opened the gates and sold papers to the newsies every morning as long as they could remember. As long as Jack could remember....no newsie got along with them.

"Wow. Tracks here is smart for once. No one cares about street kids." Morris laughed from their coversation. He spined his chain of keys. "Must've bumped his head"

Race gritted his teeth before his friends stood next to him. Jack knew the boy, maybe some others as well, had a habit having fights with the brothers.

"I'll bump your head in a minute"

"What's that Higgins?-"

"Hey, gents" Jack put his hands between the boys "Maybe we should just leave it off. It's early and hot.....it's not our fault Morris was bumped on the head as a baby"

The newsies laughed. Oscar then turned to push Jack a bit "Wanna bet Kelly?"

At that momemt it became a goose chase. Jack had stolen the two boys hats and they ran around the square. Jumping over boxes and going around customers.  The newsies cheering for their leader as others laughed at the greedy Delancy brothers.