Episode 2 : Forgotten Birthday

THIS IS SO RUSHED I'M SORRY
BUT I NEEDED TO POST SOMETHING.

Jack entered the lodging house all tired and sweaty. He just finished painting some things for Medda and all he needed was sleep. Which he didn't expect was all the boys to look at him when he came home. Jack frowned as he was confused why they stared. Some grumpy others thinking and some trying to hold in their laughter.

"What's happened?"

Race stood next to the stair case banaster. He smoked before speaking "What is the date?"

Jack thought "Ehh...May ...May 9th?"

Albert spoke up from sitting on the steps, like most of the guys. "What does that date mean to you?"

"Nothing...nothing at all" Jack then noticed some boys laughing. As if Jack was in trouble "What is going on?"

"Jack" His best friend, Crutchie, came over. "When's Katherine's birthday?"

"Oh it's the...the.."

Jack then froze.

Katherine's birthday was the May 9th. He missed her birthday.

His girlfriend's birthday.

The daughter of Pulitzer.

(Fun fact. May 9th is actually Katherine Pulitzer birthday)

------ Newsie TV Show Intro ----

"Oh Kath, I told you I was sorry"

Katherine kept on walking down the crowded street. Her books in hand as she was reaching her work. Jack tagged along to try and make her feel better.

"I was busy-"

"On my birthday?"

"Well...no...definitely no"

She turned to him then turned away. Katherine kept giving him the silent treatment as they walked. Jack waved his hands; knowingly he was in the wrong "Come on. Im sorry"

"Hmm" She reached the entrance to the newspaper building  " The Sun" .  How could she forgive him for this? How could he forget? All the newsies she met that day remembered but not Jack Kelly?

"Don't you have papers to sale" She reached for a pencil to check in.

"Yeah.."Jack said in a baby vocie "but you have a paper to write"

Katherine snapped "Yes i do. The next headline will be my birthday. Then you might not forget"

-----

"Where does he go?" Race, Finch and Romeo looked to see Elmer walk away from the group. "Every sunday morning he gets up extra early to go somewhere"

"Maybe a girl?"

Race swatted Romeo with his hat " Is that all you think about?" Race then thought about it himself. If that's the case maybe they should follow the boy. He would take any chance to make fun of him. Race thought some more....he could get a girl from this as well.

"Guys we need to take a trip"

Finch looked up from his slingshot "Oh no. I'm too tired to go all over Manhattan. I need papers to sale"

"It'll be fun" Romeo patted his shoulder "We can sale on our way. That's what Sunshine is doing, finished all her selling for the day"

Finch rolled his eyes as the two boys pleaded Finch to come with them.

"Ugh fine...but I'll be nothing I'm telling you"

-----

Les stood outside the hairdresses with Davey, Sunshine and Jack. The three of them were trying to get the boy inside. Les' hair desperately need a trim. But he was stubborn.