Chapter Eleven

The day is winding down to an end, it's nearly five in the afternoon, the lake is starting to get choppy and the air is starting to get cooler."Hey do you guys want to go on the last ride?" my dad says loudly to us as he pulls the sea doo in to dock it. 

The three of us, Jayson, Jenna and I are all sitting on the houseboat dock, a story up from where my dad is. I look at them seeing whether or not they want to go and they both nod eagerly in excitement, even though we had just came back from a little trip on it an hour ago. Jenna gets up first and Jayson and I follow her down to the main dock where my father is. I pick up a life jacket and so does Jenna from a chair seated right on the dock that's collected quite the number of life jackets. 

My dad takes off his and gives it to Jayson, since that one fits him best, although you can tell its a little snug around his chest since he has quite the defined muscular body.

"Melanie if you want to drive it out and switch drivers out there, you should get on first. Then you can teach Jenna how to park it on the way back." My dad signals me to get on, I know it's his precious new toy so I want to make sure nothing happens to it, I know I'm responsible for it if anything does. I jump on to it and steady myself in the front of it and reach my hand out to help Jenna on after me, I know how much Jayson hates being the one in the back so I smirk at him as he just smiles and shakes his head at me. 

I push away from the dock with my foot, turn the key and I hear the engine roar to life, all too quickly for their taste I grab a hold of the gas and press down on it tightly, forcing the speed to pick up quickly. Before we know it was turning left and right jumping over waves, water spraying us everywhere. 

Jenna taps my shoulder and asks me in my ear if she can try driving it. I nod my head and start to slow down. "Okay you go on the left side and I'll go on the right," I say so we don't tip over the sea-doo. 

Quickly, she was able to sit down in the front, she gassed us forward before I had even sat down but Jayson caught onto me before I went flying off "Wow, sorry that went fast," Jenna laughed in front of us. I sat down properly between Jenna and Jayson grabbing the rope on the back of her life jacket. 

I was comfortable on the sea-doo, I didn't need to hold on for dear life because I couldn't go anywhere, Jayson was tucked safely behind me. He on the other handheld around my stomach as we zoomed off further into the lake turning left and right following the waves and jumping off of waves made by other boats as they passed us. His right hand slowly detached from circling me and was now placed on my thigh, making slow circles causing me to have shivers and a stupid smile plastered on my face.

"Can you teach me how to dock it?" Jenna yelled to me as she directions us back to the cottage.

"Ya," I said equally as loud so she could teach me.We were almost back and I started telling her what to do. I told her to aim straight for the doc slowly, reverse it for a second and to turn the handle to the side to parallel park beside the dock, but she turned to slowly and didn't release the gas enough so we were headed straight to the dock fast, by the time she turned the back of the sea doo was going to crash into the dock. 

I jumped off the sea doo between it and the dock and into the lake trying to push the sea doo but it was no use. Jayson reached his foot out to stop us and I was fully submerged under the dock. Jayson pulled the key out from the sea doo and jumped into the lake.

"Melanie! Are you okay?" He said loudly so I could hear him.

"I'm fine, I just wanted to stop it so we didn't damage it," I said and took off my life jacket and pushed it underwater and swam under the sea doo to the other side with my life jacket, which was harder then I expected.