Chapter Four

It's the day after Kyson's prom and I wake up to the sun flooding my room. I look over at the time and it's almost 10 am. I grab my phone from my nightstand. I'm instantly bombarded with a dozen texts from Kyson that took place since I came home from the after-prom last night but never saw them because my phone had died before I got back home. I scroll through them and they all cover around the same lines. 

"Don't talk to Jayson anymore." 

"You can't do stupid shit like this and cheat on me whenever you please." 

"Block him." 

"NOW."

Right as I'm about to type some kind of response to him, he calls me. "Hello," I pick up reluctantly.

"Oh, so you are awake and just never decided to answer any of my texts?" He says I don't know how someone can be so angry so early in the morning.

"I just woke up Kyson," I say in a groggy voice.

"So you're blocking him, right? Is he already blocked?" He says to me, raising his voice at me for no reason, not surprised.

"No, he's not blocked, and no, he won't be. I thought we moved past all of this last night after our argument?" I said wondering why he's bringing it back up.

"Well maybe I wanted to have fun instead of my girlfriend cheating on me at my prom so I decided to move past it for the night but that conversation wasn't over, we're having it now," he yells at me as I take the phone away from my ear because his voice could be heard from a mile away when he's angry.

For ten minutes it was complete back and forth towards him trying to make me block him, he asked for my passwords to my accounts so that he could do it himself and told me he should be 'managing' them and not me.

"Ok, this is so stupid," I say tired of arguing with him for the millionth time.

"See now you're seeing my point of view, so you're gonna block him?" He seems somewhat relieved as if he knew I would cave in, but I'm not, this time it's going to backfire on him.

"Ya, I'm done," I said simply, no emotion evident.

"Good so it's done, just text me your passwords." He says simply as if I will let him control my media life.

"No, Kyson I don't think you're understanding me. I'm done, we're done. I'm tired of you trying to control every single aspect of my life over and over again. You're not going to go onto my accounts and try to block people that you don't like that are my friends, that have been for years. I'm breaking up with you."

"No, no, don't do that we can get past this, we just need a compromise, I can do it for you. See compromise," he mutters as if that's an actual solution to the problem.

"No Kyson I'm putting my foot down this time. We're over." I say and hang up the phone before he can say anything more about me blocking my friends out of my life. I go downstairs and both my parents are in the kitchen standing around the island looking at flyers. I grab a mug from the cupboard and place it under the coffee machine, press a few buttons and wait as it pours it out.

"Did you sleep well?" My mom says breaking me out of my trance.

"Ya, I did," I said simply. "You guys going shopping for stuff today?" I ask her back.

"We're going to go to Costco, Walmart, and a few other stores. Do you want to come with us?" She replies.

"I have some homework to do and I still need to take a shower, I'll just wait for you guys to come back." I take my coffee upstairs with me and plan on getting my day started when I hear the sound of constant dinging coming from my room.

I place my coffee on my desk and walk over to my phone. 18 missed calls and 34 text messages from Kyson.

I scroll through them, mainly telling me to just block him, mixed with a few apologies here and there and a nice bit of foul language.

Today's going to be great.

After taking a long shower and drying my hair I go back to my room. I look through my closet and decide on wearing my new black and white dress I bought last week.

I have to finish a book for English class so I decide to take my coffee outside in the backyard since it's a nice day outside, not too hot and not windy.

Two hours I've been free. You see the weird thing about breakups is in the movies and books you always see the girl crying over the breakup. I haven't shed a single tear because I'm not sad about this. I've felt like nearly a person for the past few months, all he's done is control my every move, yell at me for things that weren't my fault.

Honestly, arguing with him just makes me not want to see him. Why would I want to see a guy that will just yell at me all the time? When I do see him, I don't want to do anything with him. When he mentioned to me yesterday I'm not satisfying this 'needs', and Dani would. Why would I want to "satisfy" a guy that yells at me? Don't get me wrong, Kyson and I have done stuff, of course, we slept together twice, which isn't a lot for a couple that's been dating for a year. I play it off and blame it on my parents being home, but that doesn't stop him from always asking me to do other stuff for him. Especially after arguments. He always says I have to 'repay him for what I've done'. Of course, I involuntarily give in.

Two whole hours Kyson free. Two hours until I hear my backyard gate open. The almost six-foot, dark-haired boy is standing right there. 

It was a good two hours.