Chapter Three

The night after our we had our little argument started to go well. We found our table and sat down with some people Kyson new and talked while we waited for the waiters to take the food out. Before we knew it we had a beautiful dish of pasta in front of us and we were all enjoying it. Especially since I barely had anything to eat today because I was rushing so much to get ready to be on time.

I'm talking to Kyson about what he's planning to do next year, he has a lot of teams that are interested in signing him.

"I think the best option would be for me to play in a city near your university, you could come out and watch our games and practices, and you would be nearby so I could always go over to your place and spend the night." He says to me with half a mouth full of pasta and a wink.

I jokingly push him, knowing what he's insinuating. In reality that would be perfect, he would be traveling less if his team was based in the city of where my university is, and I don't want to do long-distance with him again like I did this past year.

I'm dazed off thinking about Kyson coming to my place after hockey practice and my phone vibrates on the table beside me.

*New Snapchat: Jayson Wilson

I turn my phone off because it's not important right now, and honestly, snapchat just gets annoying after a while of replying when there's nothing said in the picture sent.

"Why didn't you answer it?" Kyson says pointing towards my phone.

"It's not anyone important," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Jayson Wilson." He says as he turns my phone on to see who it is. "Isn't this the guy that commented 'cute' on that picture you posted a month ago?" he says furrowing his eyebrows.

"Ya he graduated from my school last year, he was friends with my group of friends," I say like its not a big problem because it's not. We're friends and I've known him for much longer then I've known Kyson.

"Unbelievable." He says under his breath

"What's wrong? I don't understand the problem. You're allowed to have girls that are friends why can't I have any guy friends?" I say looking to table our table that's mainly girls.

"Because this is fucking different." He whisper yells to me wide-eyed and I know there's an argument we cant avoid coming up.

"What do you want me to do about it Kyson?" I say, exasperated of the argument that only just started.

"I want you to block him, on everything." He says to me with a smirk and I don't know if he's joking or not.

"I'm not blocking my friend if there's no real reason other then you being jealous Kyson," I say crossing my arms, and I know the majority of the table is listening to our little dispute even if we're keeping our voices low.

"Not a problem? You're cheating on me at MY prom." with an emphasis on MY as if he didn't screw up my prom for me.

"What are you talking about cheating?" I'm confused beyond belief, if having a friend means that I'm cheating, then wow I guess I cheat a lot.

"He called you cute and you're still talking to him when you have a boyfriend! You're cheating it's simple," he says shaking his head at me

"First off, I told him to not say those things because when we had this argument a month ago I said I wasn't comfortable with it and neither were you. Secondly, what the hell do you call what happened at the pre-prom with Dani? Let me guess, not cheating?" I say back to him, I'm not backing down this time, it isn't right and he has no place to tell me who I can't be friends with.