chapter 13

Crowley pov

I smiled at Sakura before gently hugging her closer against me. 

" Get some rest," I said in a small whisper while feeling her breathing weakly against my neck while I slowly stood up to get ready to leave the battlefield with her. Anybody could see on her face that she was weak after using that trick, not that I complain, seeing that side of her was a rare sight, a sight I don't like anybody else to see.

" Let her go!." I glanced over my shoulder to see who the voice belonged to, and saw a young boy with short black hair, with thick eyebrows pointing his sword at me. He didn't look pleased if anything, he looked furious.My hands around Sakura tighten, while I smirked back the young boy. 

" Why would I do that?." I ask and fully turned around to face him.His eyes immediately landed on Sakura before his hands around the sword tightened, and thunder began to appear around him.

" I said it one more time. Let go of my 'fiance'!." 

My eyes widen slightly the moment I heard the word fiance, ever since I heard Sakura was going to marry somebody, I was disappointed, deeply. Just imagine her with somebody else, with their arms around her just made me see red. Even if Sakura said that she wasn't going to marry anybody, just hearing this boy saying that she was his fiance just made me want to break every single bone in his body. But I hold myself back while smile at him, showing that I wasn't going to let her go. His face hardens and lifted his sword to send an attack.

" You filthy..AHH!." Before he could even finish his sentence, Ferid appeared beside him and sent him to the other side of the field with just one hit.

" Thought you needed some help~," Ferid smirked at me while his eyes slowly moved to Sakura's body.

 " Especially when you have her~." He began to walk up to me, with his eyes glued on Sakura while licking his lips.

 " No," I said with a hard voice and glared at him. He stopped on his track and tilted his head to the side with his smile still up.

" My, my. Crowley, don't tell me you are going to keep her to yourself. A chance like this doesn't come often. I am only going to taste a few drops of her blood, that's all~," He walked up to me and spoke with a low voice. 

" The mansion is empty. You won't have any unwanted eyes on you~."He smirked at me before stopping the short-haired boy's attack with his sword, giving me a chance to get away.

I gave him a small nod before running away from the busy battlefield, but not without seeing the kids who were with Sakura the first time I met her, running away from the fighting too. Sakura was clear before this fight that she didn't want them to be involved in this like she was their big sister who wanted to be sure they were safe. But they did anyway, something me and Guren didn't know or could stop at all. But at least they got away, a piece of news that will make Sakura happy.I glanced down at Sakura, who was still peacefully resting in my arms and ran. The mansion Ferid mention to me was his place that was outside another vampire city in japan that was not underground. It was isolated from anybody, a perfect place to hide for the moment. Especially from prying eyes, when Sakura was in her other form that could wake up a lot of attention. Getting there didn't take long, and as soon as I got there, I walked directly into one of the empty rooms that I knew had a bed and put her down gently. Her whole face was covered in sweat while she breathed weakly. It was weird seeing her like this, looking so weak and helpless. The complete opposite of what she was. A side that was rare to see from her. I gently sat down on the soft mattress and lifted her hand to my mouth, feeling her skin being ice cold instead of being warm." Hope you wake up soon, Sakura."

Sakura pov

" That took a lot of energy from you."

I glanced at Abraxas, who had his back at me while I was laying the ground that looked like water floating under me with my hands behind my head.

" Yeah, it did," I said and turned back to look at the clear blue sky. " But at least the seraph of the end's are asleep for now."

" It would have been easier if you used my help." Abraxas turned around. " You wouldn't be in this state if you took my offer."

" I wasn't born yesterday, you know." I sat up and stared at him, tired. "Besides, you have the chance to take over my body now, that transformation took a lot of energy from me. Abraxas stared at me blankly, without saying anything.I smirked. 

" Because that part of you never left." I pushed myself up on my feet and walked over to him. " You bound by the rule, something the other ' demons' in the cursed gears don't have."

He narrowed his eyes at me while a big storm began to start around us, dark clouds, thunders shooting down from the sky with a strong wind blowing against my face. I stared at him with my arms crossed, showing him that it didn't affect me at all. After a while, he closed his eyes, and the storm stopped and instead of standing on the water floor. I was now in a big circular room, with a tall ceiling with old paintings hanging everywhere with different sorts of motives. In the middle of the big circular room was a big round stone table, with an old white tea set decorated with golden decoration.

"It's true, am bound by the rule. " Abraxas appeared on the other side of the table, sitting in a fancy armchair with his legs crossed. " Created to follow it, and never disobey. The others are not bound by it."

" What about 'him'?." I asked while sitting down in the chair that appeared beside me. " Was he bound by the rule?."

His eyes darkened. " Yes, but he broke it many years ago. Because of him, this world is falling apart."

------

I apologize for the long wait. Why it took so long for me to update was because I haven't been feeling well for months ( not because of the virus), but I am feeling better now and will try to update as much as I can. Hope you all are safe during these hard times and stay positive