Chapter 15

Sakura narrowed her eyes at him, not amused by his choice of words that somehow affected her, feeling her face getting hotter for each second. If she had a mirror close to her, she could imagine her reflections being red as a tomato, maybe even redder if it was possible, while showing such a weak state.

But besides feeling a bit humiliated by her state, one part of her was relieved to see him. She didn't trust him completely, but in every way she saw the situation, Crowley was much better than Kureto, who much be in a much worse mood by now after her little stunt.

After staring at Crowley for what felt like hours, Sakura finally let out a sigh and gently moved a little to look at him in a better position before speaking.

Unforcently, just the smallest move, made her lose her balance, and before she knew it, she felt air rush past her, before she hit the cold floor with her back, with only one of her feet resting on the edges of the bed, making her lay in a weird position.

" Ouch," Sakura whimpered, feeling her back sting from the small fall while trying to roll to her side, which didn't go as easy as she hoped, as she stiffly and clumsily turned to her side, feeling like a thousand times heavier than was she was.

It didn't make her feel better when she heard Crowley chuckled above her, amused before she saw his boots in front of her.

" Want some help."

She looked up at him, staring into his crimson red eyes that looked down on her, with a half mysterious smile, his head slightly tilted to the side, while looking like he was waiting for her to speak.

" Please." She said with a low voice, not wanting to say anything else, while stubbornly trying to push her up at least to a sitting position, only to feel her arms shake violently before falling and hit her chin on the floor.

" Dammit." She cursed through her teeth before a pair of strong arms snaked around her waist and lifted her from the floor with ease like she was light as a feather.

" Careful you hurt yourself if you keep doing that," Crowley whisper into her ear, hugging her against his chest, with one arm around her waist while using his free hand to touch her chin, gently caressing with his thumb.

" At least you didn't get a mark."

" Am not that fragile," Sakura said, annoyed, feeling Crowley's hand move to her cheek, gently touching like she was something very fragile that could break anytime while looking at her.

" I know, but I don't like the idea of you. Getting a mark after that," Crowley answered, moving his free arm under her legs before gently putting her on the middle of the bed she fell off from a minute ago.

Sakura was even surprised to see him put the pillows behind her to give her support to sit straight up, not that she complained it helped and was very comfortable.

But, she was suspicious, why did he go the length to treat her so gently. Now that she was weak as an infant, he could easily do as he pleased.

She didn't have the strength to fight him if he wanted to take the chance to drink her blood or anything else. She was the underdog now, but he still helped her, and gently too.

No vampire would have done that, even if they were on the same side.

" Want something to drink?." Crowley asked after making sure she was comfortable and stared at her.

" Um, yes, that would be great." She whispered, glancing away for a few seconds, thinking back to the memory before she fainted.

" Did the others escape?."

Crowley's expression didn't change at all. He just stared at her blankly, with his hands resting on his waist.

" Yes."

He smiled at her before leaning close to her face, so close that their forehead touched.

" By the way, I need some answers to a few questions. Be ready to answer them when I get back."

Sakura narrowed her eyes at him while he smirked at her before walking calmly out of the room.

' He's enjoying this a little too much.' Sakura thought to herself, shaking her head while hearing Crowley walk further and further away until she couldn't hear his floor steps anymore.

' Is that so much I can hear now?.'

Sakura touched her fluffy, soft ear, feeling no cuts or damages at all that could be the cause of her hearing.

But she knew that from the start, she knew there were side effects after using that 'form,' and she was ready for it back when she decided to use it.

Only now that she was lying on the giant bed, like a marionette with all its strings cut off, did she realize how bad it affected her.

Her hearing was limited. Her whole body had lost all its strength and was now back to square one, weaker than an infant.

But she was alright with it. She did her part, and the kids got away if Crowley told her the truth.

Only there was one thing that made her feel a little uneasy, one thing that she notices the moment she opened her eyes.

She was in her 'real' form, and the necklace was nowhere in sight.

At first, she didn't think so much about it. She had lost the necklace countless times when she was younger. She even lost it in a deep lake one time when she fooled around to find some weird looking plants in the forest.

But now, she had no idea where it was, and the thought of it being lost somewhere out in the field was not reassuring, buried under piles of dirt and rocks, like a needle in a haystack.

'No, it must be somewhere around here.' She felt around in her clothes, in her hair, places it could have accidentally got stuck, hoping it wasn't out in the field.

" Lost something."

Sakura jumped a little, startled by the familiar voice whispering in her ear, not realizing that Crowley was there, holding a steaming hot cup in his hand, watching her while she searched for the necklace.

He tilted his head before pulling out the necklace from his pocket, holding it in front of her.

" T.." Sakura reached for it and was close to thanking him, but before she could touch it, Crowley quickly moved it away so she couldn't get it.

" I rather see you like this a little longer," He said with a proud smile and put the necklace on a table farthest away from the bed, where she couldn't reach it.