Chapter 16

" I guess please doesn't help to changes your mind," said Sakura, her eyes following Crowley till he stood right beside the bed, staring down at her with a laid-back smile with a hidden amusement behind it.

" Like I said, ' I rather see you like this a little longer." He said, sitting down gently beside her, handing her the steaming cup that filled her nose with a mixer of herbs. " Drink this."

Sakura glanced at him for a few seconds before using all the strength she had to lift her arms and slowly putting her hands around the smooth surface of the cup, feeling the heat from it spreading through her hands, up to her arms.

It was a pleasant feeling, a feeling reminding her of a time in the past, long forgotten with laughter, happiness with faces of the ones that were long gone from this world.

A sharp pain hit her chest the moment her mind sailed into the long-lost memories in the back of her head, and she shook her head slightly to return to the present. Only to feel disappointed, feeling her fingers caressing against the cup, with no strength to hold it.

" Tsk." Glaring at the cup, she tried to tighten her grip around it only to make her hands and arms shake violently while the cup was still, with no trace of something shaking around it. After shaking what felt like days, Sakura moved her hands away, feeling her body achingly by that small action, while seeing Crowley's eyes on her, watching her every move with interest.

" I can't." She whispered, staring at the cup to avoid Crowley's crimson eyes.

" Allow me," Crowley whispered into her ear, and the next second she felt an arm around her, and before she knew what happened, she was sitting between his legs, her back against his chest while his hands were over hers, helping her hold the cup. " Better?."

She didn't need to look at him to know that he was smiling while feeling his face close to one of her ears, making her face burn.

" Yeah, thanks." She studded, hiding her face with her hair while slowly drinking the warm tea that tasted slightly bitter to the tongue while feeling his hard chest pressing against her back.

"How does it taste?." Crowley asked, gently squeezing his hands around hers." It's been a while since I made tea."

She glanced at him and saw him staring down at the cup blankly, with a sad smile.

"It's good, a little bitter but good." She gave him a small smile, taking another sip of the tea, and enjoyed the warmth that spread through her body. But she didn't let herself fully relax because of the knowledge of what was going to happen next, and she didn't want to wait for him to bring it up.

" You want to know about the form I used." She said, with a low voice, staring at his hands that cover her golden tattoo covers hands while waiting for Crowley to say something.

But no sound came from him,

" Crowley?." She glanced at him to see him staring blankly at their hands, still holding the cup, and the next moment she felt his arms pressing her against his chest, without moving his hands away from hers, while his legs circled around her like he was preventing her from moving away. Which, Confused her because she had already shown that she couldn't get anywhere without any help. But he still tightened his hold on her like she was a bird that could fly any second.

" If you have no objection, please tell me about that form you used."

Crowley's voice was low as he spoke, his eyes looking at her waiting for her to speak.

Sakura let out a deep sigh.

" It has gone by all sort of names, but I prefer to call it 'the awakening."