17

¤ Closer
J2 ↲

And I just can't take myself away
Under a spell I can't break
I just can't stop

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

All that stood between Jungkook and Taehyung was a door. Taehyung's apartment door, to be precise.

Time dragged while Jungkook worked at the construction site, the hours passing slower than usual. Every time he checked the clock, it seemed like only ten or so minutes had gone by. He was restless for the day to be done so he could wash up and go meet Taehyung.

The moment Namjoon dismissed him, Jungkook bolted to the university gym's locker room in order to shower. He made sure to use a nice smelling soap and even spent a little extra time styling his hair. When he saw Taehyung again, he wanted to show up presentable. Not that he was embarrassed about his line of work, but he thought it'd be better to not reek of sweat.

Really, he just wanted to impress Taehyung.

Now, standing at the door, he knocked three efficient rapts. His heart began to pound as he heard footsteps approaching, and he nervously ran his hands over his shirt.

"Hi," he breathed when Taehyung opened the door, raking his eyes over the elder. He choked on a laugh. "You have smudges all over your face."

Taehyung's hands went to his cheeks, trying to rub away the charcoal marks. "Are they gone?"

Jungkook shook his head, walking into the apartment when the elder stepped aside. "You made them worse."

"Well, fix it."

With his shoes kicked off and set neatly to the side, he turned to face Taehyung. "Is that an order, Mr. Demanding?"

A smile danced on Taehyung's lips, but he didn't give his signature toothy grin just yet. 

"Come here," the younger said, breath hitching as Taehyung neared him.

Tentatively, he raised his hand to Taehyung's cheek, thumb rubbing over the gray streaks. The action spread the mess even more, but that didn't stop Jungkook from bringing his other hand up to cup the elder's face.

"Better?" Taehyung asked, voice low and rough. His gaze was intense as he stared back through his lashes.

Both of Jungkook's thumbs were tracing over Taehyung's cheekbones, savoring the feel of his smooth skin. Holding him like this - reverently - made something in his chest tighten. And all he wanted to do was the one thing he'd been longing to do since yesterday.

So he did.

He pressed his lips against Taehyung's, still cradling his face in between his hands. Taehyung gasped against his mouth, but didn't step back. Instead, his own hands went up to hold Jungkook's face, his touch light and delicate.

Jungkook pulled away before he was tempted to do anything more. Sure, the elder admitted he was attracted to him. But that didn't mean Jungkook would take advantage of that fact and come on too strong.

A frown tugged at Taehyung's pink lips and he looked down at his charcoal streaked hands. "Now you have marks all over your face."

"Fix it," the younger replied with a smirk, using Taehyung's words from before.

"Who's Mr. Demanding, now?" Taehyung quipped, bringing his hands back up to Jungkook's face.

Judging by the way the elder was smearing his hands across Jungkook's cheeks, it was evident that Taehyung was purposefully making a bigger mess.