Chapter eight: Friends on the train

Start from the beginning

"Wait, I thought I was your- Never mind, it's nice to meet you Harry," Theo said smiling.

"Don't worry, Theo, there's plenty of Draco to go around!" Draco teased.

"Oh, that's what he thinks!" Harry played along, pointing his wand at the three with a laugh.

Every one joined in laughter as he put his wand away with a grin. He looked out of the window at the clock on the station. It was 10:58.

"We'll be leaving in two minutes!" he commented with excitement, which seemed to be shared by everyone else.

Pansy leaned forward to get a look out of the window. "Oh, here comes the little prince!" she scoffed.

Everyone in the compartment leaned towards the window to see what she meant. Low and behold, strutting into the platform as though he owns the place. The boy Harry hadn't seen in seven years. Colin Potter, with his head held very high, smiling like the cat who got the canary. Behind him stood the two people Harry had learnt to discard from his mind whenever he could. His parents. James Potter stood tall and proud. He hadn't changed much at all, his hair was still messy, but shorter, and his face had barely aged at all. A life of comfort. Lily Potter, who had her arm linked to her husband's, had only changed an inch. Her hair was longer. That was it.

Colin Potter had changed drastically. His red hair was gelled behind his ears and he stood tall and proud (the only likeness he had to his father), his lips were pressed into a smug grin. But he was no longer the 'puppy fat' little boy. He was rather plum, although not too fat, it was rather noticeable. The fact was even more clear by the robes he was wearing. The gryffindor styled robes that Madam Malkin had said she sold to him after a destructive temper tantrum. He seemed to be flaunting them around at the crowd that gathered around the famous family.

Harry also noticed Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and Remus Lupin walking alongside them. Harry hadn't seen Sirius, his godfather, in a long time. He'd been a fantastic godfather (even if he had been absent), at least he cared enough to remember he existed. Even if he never searched for him...

The family entered the first compartment at the front of the train one by one, starting with Colin, as the crowd was pushed back, screaming loudly for Colin as though he were a rock star. Sirius was the last person to enter the train, but he seemed to paused and seemed to be staring at something curiously.

Harry followed his gaze and saw he wasn't staring at any old something, he was staring at someone. It was his mum! (Allyssa, of course, not Lily. She could never be 'mum' again.)

His mum, who was stood quite far from the crowd at the back of the platform, looked back at Sirius with a strange look. Sad? Angry? Harry didn't know.

Sirius smiled at her, and she shot her gaze away. Then her look turned to furious. Wow, maybe there was some history there that Harry never knew about?

Suddenly the whistle for the train blew. Now everyone got excited. The compartment started to get a very excited buzz and Harry caught a glimpse of Sirius being pulled onto the train. Harry stood up and opened the window calling out to his mum.

"Mum! Mum!" he called, waving furiously at her.

Allyssa saw him and ran over, push past an ever growing crowd. "Bye Harry! Have fun!" she called as the train began to move.

"I will!" he called back, moving away from the window to let a now standing Draco call out to his mum.

Harry kept waving to his mum as the train quickened more and more. Until she was out of sight and school was now starting to begin. He felt sad, but excited.