Chapter two: Lonely

Harry couldn't remember ever not feeling lonely. He felt invisible. Like he didn't matter. And he knew his parents thought that too. 

Both of his parents were alive. But, in Harry's eyes, they would be more effective in his life if they were not. 

Harry's room was the fifth biggest room in the manor. In it was a seventeen-year-old wooden four poster bed with no curtains (they had fallen apart years ago), a book shelf with twenty books on the history of magic and some wizarding stories, a wardrobe with second hand clothes and a desk with Harry's only personal possessions inside. That's it. 

But it wasn't just having the fifth best room with only second hand clothes to wear that made Harry feel so lonely, it was his family. 

Harry's parents never had time for him. Never. 

Harry couldn't remember the last time his mother had told him she loved him or his father hugging him and telling him he was proud of him. In fact he could barely remember ever spending time with them at all. 

Harry knew the reason that his parents were so cold and distant from him: Colin. 

Colin was their favourite. Although they never said that, their actions did. 

They gave Colin the master bedroom with his own bathroom and walk in closet. His room had a muggle TV with all the muggle video games a little boy could desire. He had shelves upon shelves of photos of him with many famous wizard and witches (his proud parents in every one with him), the shelves also had presents from all the famous wizard all along them. The walls had posters of quidditch player everywhere (every single one was signed), he had all his favourite toys in that room in multiple toy boxes and the walk in closet had many designer clothes (any old ones that didn't fit were then given to Harry, Colin thought this was hilarious). 

But that room wasn't Colin's only room. He also had the third best room in the manor. And the fourth. Why? Because he needed two extra play rooms because of the monster amount of presents he received from fans and his family. 

Harry, in fact, used to have the fourth biggest room before his parents threw him out. 

"Why does Colin need my room?" he'd cried as he moved his books into the other room. 

"Because he's more important" was his own mother's reply. 

"Yeah I'M more important than you, loser!" was Colin's supportive statement. 

In the drawing room, halls and even the dining room was pictures of Colin with his parents. There wasn't one with Harry anywhere. If someone who didn't know the family was to come into the house, they would think the Potters only had one child.

But the thing that bothered Harry the most was the constant doting his parents did to Colin. They would take him to festivals, interviews and special wizarding events and boast about how wonderful he was and how he was the 'Boy-Who-Lived'. 

While Harry was left at home with the house elves. 

Birthdays were the worst. For the twins 3rd birthday last year Colin got fifty presents from his parents alone. He got about twenty more from the marauders and tons more from fans all over the globe. 

Harry got one present from his parents. A second hand worn out jacket that had once been Colin's. He got a packet of Bertie Bots Every Flavour Beans from Lupin (Which were later stolen by Colin),  a packet of firecrackers and some fudge from Sirius (The fudge was also stolen by Colin and the firecrackers were taken by James as they were 'too dangerous around little Colin') and a pair of cheap trainers from Peter. 

His parents had gotten so used to ignoring Harry that they even stopped inviting him to eat dinner with them. Harry would go downstairs hungry only to find his family had already eaten and there was nothing left for him. Luckily Polly, the head house elf, was extremely nice to Harry and felt sorry for how Harry was treated by his so-called parents, she gave him lovely things to eat like chocolate tarts and apple pies. 

Harry loved his parents, but knew they didn't love him. 

But he was still looking forward to his fourth birthday. How naïve was he....