Nami X Male! Reader

As long as he could remember, he'd been fascinated by money. It wasn't the same thing as being greedy, oh no, he just liked to look at them, find their individualistic designs, see the tiny imperfections, be able to tell which was genuine and which was a copy. Perhaps it was this that landed him on his current job at the bank, dealing with money on daily basis. His duty as a worker was to give out loans and negotiate the best interests to them along with helping the customers to handle their own wealth. It was thanks to this that he also knew more about the outside world than your average Joe. It was his job to know.

As a result of this magnificent job of his, [Name] had managed to get married quite early to his childhood sweetheart, whose soulmate had turned out to be dead while his own was apparently denying him. Well, he was more than fine with that even if it did mean that he had been carrying a tattoo of a shark head or something on his shoulder until turning seventeen and then a design of something that he wasn't entirely sure of what it was. He actually liked the new tattoo design even if his soulmate's method of attempting to get rid of the original tattoo had been rather.... Extreme. Or he hoped that it had been his soulmate and not someone attacking them.

He'd been happily married for one year, his wife expecting their first, when his thoughts had gone back to his own soulmate. He would've been lying if he had claimed that it didn't bother him at all to not know who this person was. There were so many things he wanted to ask about. Like the tattoos, if they were taking proper care of themselves, if they were happy. But also.... "Are you okay with me being married to someone else?". He'd never any kind of confirmation that his soulmate was indeed denying him, it could've also been that she was unaware of him.

Hed recently learned from the old doctor that sometimes one's soulmate was born to an entirely different tribe and had no means of knowing of the other one's presence nor that their doings affected the other one.

During one of his especially fulfilling days at the bank, his lovely wife went to labour. It took nearly twelve hours before their beautiful first born, a daughter, was brought into this world. It was also the first time for their new doctor to be to do a delivery. Understandably, he'd been nervous, just like the new father who had been excused from his work so he could be present and support his wife. He ended up needing his own hand to be wrapped because of his wife's surprisingly strong grip.

The baby was named [Last name] [D/N], and the new father was seen proudly walk around the town with a pram, right next to his wife. It turned out that the banker was one doting husband and a father when out of work. The little family was enjoying one of their walks when they'd heard commotion from the market place they were headed towards. It seemed that a ship had arrived to the harbour  few hours ago and its crew of outsiders was now shopping for necessary items.

[Name] stopped at one of the stands, this one selling clothes. His eyes looking for high quality clothing worthy to be worn by his wife and daughter. Spotting a [f/c] dress and a cute overalls for a baby, his hand went for his wallet. Next to him a woman with ginger hair was attempting to get the merchant lower his price. "Matt, I'll have the [f/c] dress and the overalls next to them", he said to the man, who momentarily tore himself away from his argument with the woman. "I'll put them into a bag for you, Mister [Last name], just... Wait for few minutes, I need to have this lady to understand that I can't sell these items to her fifty percent off", Matt said, his eyes pleading for help.

The banker sighed as he offered his payment to the man. He had no intention of helping, but he wouldn't be able to surprise his wife if he took too long. Looking at the woman next to him, silently noting the tattoo that was on her left shoulder, he made his choice.
"Ma'am, he can give you a fifty percent off deal on only the clothes that are off season which includes around third of your shoppings, as for the package deal on the rest, he cannot legally sell it lower than thirty percent off due to the fact that part of this money goes directly to the fabric maker and the designer along with the pay for his workers", the woman turned at him her eyes filled with confusion. [Name] had to explain this further it seemed.

"Matt is only the seller of the goods, there are around nine other people who work directly under him as tailors and three designers, and they all need to be paid enough so they can support their families", the banker looked away, "It's a concept we are testing, to see if we can create jobs for people who have no ability or ambition to start their own businesses".

The woman nodded slowly, it was an odd idea but... If it meant that people would be taken care of on some level, it was worth the shot.

Nami watched how the man extended his hand to grab a bag from the merchant, a woman with a pram walking towards him. The woman stopped right behind the man, smiling at him before her eyes landed on Nami herself. Her eyes widened as they noticed something and by following her gaze, the navigator learned that it was her tattoo. The man turned around.

"Ana! I didn't realise that you were there! I um.. I got you little something", [Name] said mentally cursing for taking so long. His lovely wife was staring at the ginger haired woman next to him. "[Name], darling, you do realise that you are standing right next to your soulmate?" her unsure voice hurt the man's heart. He sighed. "Yes, I am aware of this, but from the looks of it, she isn't part of our tribe and therefore soul bonds mean next to nothing to her", he said, not daring to look at Ana, who was staring at him with look of displease.

Nami threw her hands up immediately in defence. "Yes! You see I didn't even know that such thing was real! Oh so you're his wife? This must be your daughter then! What a lovely being she is~", she looked up at the couple, mentally bracing herself for some kind of war breaking out and the sky tearing itself up. She gave them a careful smile. " I really don't mind, honestly, and now that I know that you two are together and from the looks of it happy, I couldn't be happier myself"

Ana listened to the navigator explain that she wasn't the romantic type and didn't like the idea of being tied down to anything or anyone, so this situation was more than good for her. Her explanation slowly made the wife and the husband to relax as it came clear that Nami held no grudge over this and wouldn't dare to step between them. In the end they were even laughing about the whole ordeal.

Nami was delighted to see that the couple evened down the wife, Ana inviting her over for tea, which she gladly accepted.

"So, [Name] works at a bank?", "Yes, he does and he's always complaining about how his customers don't understand the importance of keeping tabs on their spendings"

[Name] held his daughter on his arms, watching how the two women kept chatting about. It seemed like they'd known one another for years even if it'd been only couple of hours. Nami glanced into his direction with the most serious eyes he'd ever seen. "I know your pain, my crew is exactly the same and no matter how much I scold them, they keep wasting the money", she said clearly upset about it. The banker's [e/c] eyes glinted with this knowledge, his mouth twitching ever so slightly. "Try adding interest and work labour into this; make it so that whenever they waste money, they'll have to go ahead and earn it back within a certain time period with their own work. And make that work be something so nasty that they'll surely want to think twice about wasting money once they do it"

His soulmate clapped her hands together, smiling brightly. "What a splendid idea!"

It seemed like [Name] had made one valuable friend and the duo was seen exchanging denden mushi numbers before the pirate crew left.

Before long, they called one another every other week, talking about different ways of saving money much to Ana's displease, you'd think that the duo would find a different conversation topic by now. Nami ended up sending them some items for the baby, deciding that she was now the little one's aunt by design. This was something the couple embraced full heartedly even if it meant that sometimes Nami would send books about lock picking and snatching wallets.

[Name] really hoped that his darling daughter wouldn't end up taking her "aunt's" advice and become a cat burglar.