Brook X Male! Reader

On a wooden bench sat an old man, tapping his foot on the ground. His formerly [h/c] hair long turned into its current faded version of it. The man's [e/c] eyes however, they were sharp as ever. Even now, he was staring at the vast ocean as far as the mist that protected their island allowed him to. A walking cane rested against the bench, it's decorative handle waiting to be picked up once more so it could lend its aid to the old man.

He'd been waiting for the past eighty years for his soulmate to arrive or at least to learn that they'd died.
Like many others, he already knew that he did in fact have one, after all he did get those unexplainable feelings and scars.
Though.... Things had started to feel weird around five decades ago.

He'd suddenly felt weightless, which had been a huge problem as it made moving a lot harder, but also easier. Then it had settled down to his current feeling of lightness, that same feeling of weightlessness returning for brief moments during the past two years.

He'd consulted the experts about this, never finding out what it exactly meant. But he'd been sure that it had to do with his soulmate.

Wrinkled hand took a hold of the walking cane, old knees protested against him as [Name] stood up. In his fifties, he'd finally been able to accept the fact that the person who was to be there for him was indeed located in another part of the world.
Pair of comfortable and soft shoes made their way to the doctor's clinic where his pride and joy greeted him with enthusiasm.

Rex had become his student about two years ago and boy was this young man a fast learner. Even now he was working on a patient, measuring her hand with the intent of getting her a prosthetic arm. The whole thing had been the idea of a young doll maker who'd lost his own leg during the fateful accident that also claimed the doctor's granddaughter.

Yet [Name] couldn't hold it against anyone, not after he'd witnessed the man cradling the body of his best friend, whispering to her about how she was going to be okay and how she'd live, completely broken. The boy hadn't even paid attention to his own missing limb at the time, his own life bleeding out onto the white sand of the beach.
It had taken four people to finally separate him from the cold body all the while the male had been screaming for them to let go of him, eyes cascading from the pain only someone who'd just witnessed death first hand and been hit with the realisation of the dead person was their soulmate would.

It had taken weeks before he'd utter another word, a year before he was ready to seek for the help of someone else. That someone having been none other than the other doctor of the town, young and wet behind ears, and a wonderful listener.

The elderly man had also been forced to take action upon witnessing how unstable the boy had become, not taking care of himself at all and choosing to chase after ghost of what could've been. He'd told the dollmaker that if he truly wanted to make up for the death and make the deceased feel at peace, he could devote himself for his craft and maybe find a different way to use his skills.

Two weeks later, the boy had come to his clinic holding a prototype of a prosthetic leg, asking if [Name] could help him to develop it further to the point where he could make one that could be used like a normal limb.

"Thirteen centimetres without the wrist", Rex mumbled as he marked the number down, soon adding the thickness of the arm to it aswell along with the length of the hand and so forth. The old doctor watched silently as his protégé worked, glad that someone was there to pick up this profession after him. "You should visit the doll-maker to have him make a cast of your arm, lad did say that it was easier to work with a reference", he said with a rhaspy voice, alerting the patient of his presence.

The patient was a young woman with a strawberry blonde hair and a pair of grey eyes with a dark, near black circle around them. The old doctor's mind automatically writing it off as a case of certain type of heterochromia. Central heterochromia if he wasn't mistaken.