Chapter 11 : What's Free Time To A King

Start from the beginning

"Not quite." Iduna said, almost wistfully and sadly.

Frederic lowered his arm, "No?"

"Arendelle is one of the least magical places I've ever been too." she chuckled.

"You travel?" Nuru-Baako asked, surprised.

"Yes." Iduna turned to him, "You could say I've travelled."

The Durtoriabian looked impressed.

"Have you travelled many places?" Arianna asked.

Iduna gave a wave of her hand dismissively, "Oh no. Not nearly as many places as I hear you have."

"Well. I do like my adventures."

We all laughed at that.

Almost as soon as lunch was over, Arianna grasped Iduna's hand and the two disappeared to what I could only assume was my sister's quarters.

That left Frederic, Nuru-Baako and myself to wander back outside to enjoy the sunshine.

"I can see why you spent all morning out here." Frederic said, looking up at the sky with closed eyes and arms spread wide.

"Mm." I mused, kicking a mound of dirt.

"So you spent your morning with Iduna?" Nuru-Baako asked, trying to make it seem like a question he didn't really care about.

"Yes I did."

"Oh. Charming young Lady isn't she." he went on.

"She is rather." I answered, stiffly.

Frederic glanced between us before asking, "So what do you want to do?"

"How about a game." Nuru-Baako suggested.

"A game?" I almost laughed good-naturedly.

"Why not Agnarr. You're always one to say you need to be more active. And besides, when else can three fifteen-year-old boys let off some steam?" and with that he slapped my shoulder and ran off, closely followed by Frederic.

It turned into quite an exhilarating game actually, and soon enough we had discarded our waistcoats as the heat was getting to us.

We looked very unsophisticated, especially by the time Arianna and Iduna returned, as we had ended up rolling around on the grass - a tactic developed in order to not get caught.

"Why hello brother." Arianna smirked down at me.

My smile dropped and I scrambled to my feet, opening my mouth to say something but the words were lost when I caught sight of Iduna. She was wearing one of Arianna's dresses but pulled it off extremely well, better than my own sister if I do say so myself. The skirt was a salmon colour while the top was slim fitting and a light yellow embroidered with white flowers; not something I thought she would wear, but certainly very pretty.

"Cat got your tongue." she whacked my already very bruised shoulder and laughed. "Told you." she glanced back at Iduna, who rested her hands against her hips and shook her head in amusement.

"Told you what?" Frederic asked, gathering his waistcoat from the ground and shaking it out.

"Nothing you boys would understand." Iduna smirked.

This time it was Frederic who laughed.

"So what have you lot been up to?" Arianna flicked a blade of grass from my shirt.

"Nothing you girls would understand." Nuru-Baako threw their excuse back at them.

"Ouch." Arianna pressed a hand against her heart, Iduna simply laughed beside her.