20.Learning

Deceit's (pov)

"Did you see him?! Is he still cute?! Is his butt still perky?! Is he ok?! Can I see hi-mmmph" I cut off Remus by pressing a kiss to his lips.

I just rose up in our room, just having dropped off the book and currently kissing Remus to calm us both down. "Ahem?" But Virgil's there. We both pull apart, looking to him sitting on the bed. "So you gave him the book?" I nodded firmly. "I didn't, yes." I replied, my lie obvious. "Ok good. I'm gonna go check on Roman to catch him up on this shit show." With that he gave us a mock salute before sinking out. "So what do we do now?" Remus asked looking to me with such a concern I'd never seen from him before. "Now we wait."

Logan's (pov)

'-he began to consume my thoughts each day. For every second of my life I spent making he sure he felt good, making sure I did as told, not socialising or enjoying things I used too. It was difficult to get out of the painstaking cycle yet I had to try. We have to try and protect ourselves and one ano-

"Logie? What are you reading?"

I jumped at Patton's voice sneaking up behind me, from my place on the couch. "S-Sorry." I muttered out of instinct. "You have nothing to apologise for sweet." He sat down resting on the arm of the chair. "I just want to know what your reading." He said sweetly. "Oh uh just some Sherlock." I told. He wouldn't know I was lying because I put the cover of a Sherlock Holmes book above this one. "You've read those hundreds of times. Can't we just hang out for awhile? Oh! We could go on our first official date!"

'We have to try and protect ourselves'

"Actually I was thinking of taking a nice bath later on."

"Oh well that's something we could do toge-

"No thank you. I'd like to metaphorically knock out a few chapters out as well, so I doubt you'd be interested."

"Oh...alright then."

"Good day Patton."

Then I just walked away. Walked away! Can you believe it?! I did it! I made my way upstairs with a triumphant smile on my face, passing a shocked yet proud looking Roman on the way.

I exited the bathroom towel around my waist and book still in my hand.

'When I left I didn't know what to do. I felt lost and without a purpose. I admit it was hard for me to move on despite how badly I was treated and yes I did miss him. But I realised I was worth more than how I was treated.' "I'm worthy of a happy relationship." I read aloud to myself.

I smiled a genuine smile as it described how Elizabeth was able to move on and get married, as she described what inspired her to write this book and that it does get bett-"Logie!" I jumped as I felt Patton rise up from no where. "I'm glad your finally out the bath! Now get ready we're going on that date!" I turn in his arms shocked. "Uh Patton I-I said I don't want too. I thought we could just ha~" "Are you talking back now?" I froze, shaking my head rapidly. "Are you sure now? After I thought you finally being a good boy for me." He reaches his hand up, trying to stoke my face only for me to pull back, gently lowering his hand with my own. "I appreciate it Patton really it's just....." I trailed off as I saw his expression. He looked as if he was about to cry if I rejected him. I sighed "Ok fine. Let's go on this date if it means so much to you." His face immediately brightened up "Great! Now get ready and I'll have Roman set up the imagination! Oh goodness your gonna love this!" He pecked my cheek before running out the room.

"Well.....that didn't work."