Chapter 20

AN: Hey guys, I'm back with a new chapter! Last few months were quite intense with school and stuff and I was trying to put together a new project, which by the way I hope I'll be able to post soon, buuut I managed to finally finish this chapter.

As for this story, I have no clue how it's gonna go with updating and all, so we'll see.

Stay safe, until the next one ✌️

Ashley with the rest of the group made it back to the camp safely. Just as they got there, Clarke went to talk to the Commander, who's name was Lexa, as they learned later. 

Lincoln was immediately put in the medical and Octavia, of course, was determined to stay by his side, so Ashley didn't really get a chance to talk to her about anything. Again. She felt that they were growing apart lately, but she didn't want to bother Octavia even more with talking about it, cause brunette had more important problems.

Blonde found Raven as soon as she got back and told her about everything that happened. They didn't have much time to talk though, because Ashley was asked by Bellamy to help protecting the camp with the members of the guard. She was one of the few people, that he knew he could trust with a gun. 

When it became dark outside, Ashley and Bellamy with few other guards were near the gates, waiting for Clarke to come back. 

"Funny, how we end up together with guns again" blonde turned to Bellamy, sliding the weapon onto her back, as they were walking around the camp. "I'm getting all kinds of flashbacks lately" she sighed. 

Bellamy kept gazing ahead of him, with a worried expression on his face. "Let's hope it won't end like the last time" he said. 

Ashley frowned and immediately looked at him. "Hey, it won't. I'm sure Clarke will talk everything out with their Commander and we'll deal with it without unnecessary bloodshed. If anyone can make that happen, it's her" she tried to comfort him. Bellamy glanced at his friend and nodded hesitantly. 

Suddenly, they heard a commotion by the gates. They ran up to the entrance and saw Clarke, escorted by two Grounders on horses. 

"Hold your fire! She's back" Bellamy called out to the guards. Clarke entered the gate and approached them at the same time Finn did. 

"Are you okay?" he asked her. 

"Shut the gate!" she ignored his question and turned to him. "You can't be out here"

Meanwhile, Abby appeared next to them. She hugged her daughter and immediately asked for the results of conversation with the Commander. Before Clarke could answer, Raven approached them with the same question. "Is there any chance for a truce?" she looked expectantly at Clarke. 

"Yes" blonde replied, but her face didn't said anything good. Finn caught up on that.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Clarke sighed and looked at him. "They want you" she said and turned to the rest of them. "If we want a truce, we have to give them Finn" she announced. 

Ashley wasn't surprised. They could've predict that the Grounders won't let events from Tondc slide. But that was a price that none of them was ready to pay. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Raven exclaimed. "That's their offer" Clarke stated helpless. "That's not an offer" brunette crossed her arms on her chest. 

"It's a punishment" Finn said, his eyes widening in fear at the realisation. "For what happened at the village. Blood for blood." 

"That's insane, there has to be some other way" Ashley shook her head, not wanting to accept it.