Chapter 6

Bellamy, Raven and Finn figured out that they could build a bomb and blow up the bridge, that the Grounders used to move near camp. Thanks to Raven's big brain and her stubborness, the plan went as planned. They hoped that they won't have to worry about Grounders for a little bit longer.

Not so long after that, Murphy, Octavia and Del were on the watch in the smokehouse. Unfortunately, something started a fire inside, which resulted in all of their food being burned to the ashes.

Bellamy announced that they can’t defend themselves if they will starve. So, they had to go hunting. Ashley went with one of the groups as gunner. She was a little excited, because hunting was something that she always wanted to try. But they came back after few hours with almost non-existent results.

------------------------------------

It was already dark and Clarke, Finn and Monty were still missing. Meanwhile, Ashley was busy, setting up the mines around the camp with Raven and Jasper. Suddenly, they heard a shot. It turned out, that one of gunners, Sterling, dazed off and accidently pulled the trigger. Bellamy was outraged. He was yelling so loud, that Ashley wouldn’t be surprised if grounders on the other side of the bridge would hear it.

"Bell, you’re scaring people" Octavia turned to her brother.

"They should be scared! Grounders are coming to kill us all, there’s no time for sleeping! That wasted bullet is one dead grounder less, got it? Now, get back to work!" he yelled and stormed off.

Ashley glanced at Octavia, looking for any answers, but brunette responded only with sigh and shook her head.

A few hours after that, Raven and Ashley were sitting by the fire, trying to make the most out of the break they had.

Besides the general chattering from the delinquents around, they heard noises coming from Bellamy's radio.

"Know what?" Bellamy raised the walkie to his mouth.

Ashley looked at Raven with a confused frown and they both turned in Bellamy’s direction.

"Murphy killed Myles!" Jasper exclaimed through the radio. At the same time, the dropship's doors started to close.

Bellamy ran to dropship's opening with Ashley and Raven following.

"Murphy!" he yelled. "Murphy, open the damn door!"

"Damn it!" Ashley cursed. "We can't leave Jasper with him, we have to do something"

"In case you haven't noticed, you’re not exactly in charge right now" Murphy said to Bellamy through radio.

Bellamy's jaw clenched and he turned to Ashley and Raven. "We need a plan"

-------------------------------

Next morning, Ashley and Raven were on their way to pass the good news to Bellamy. When they got there, they were met with Octavia yelling at her brother for not doing anything to save Jasper.

"Hey, easy there!" Ashley called out to Octavia. "We have news" she said to Bellamy.

"Yeah, you were right, Bellamy" Raven added. "There is a loose panel. We can get down there and open the door" she informed.

Bellamy nodded and Raven left. He started the negotiations with Murphy.

"How about we make a deal, Murphy? We both know that you want me. So, you let Jasper go and I’ll take his place" he said.

"How?" Murphy asked, after giving it a thought.

"Simple. You open the door, I walk in, he walks out" Bellamy stated.