Chapter 16

AN: And here it is, ladies and gentlemen, chapter 16. Enjoy 😁

Two days later, Ashley found herself hanging out with Raven in her workshop. They were spending a lot of time together since blonde came back from the forest with the rest. Ashley was really glad that she could have a moment of calm, especially when she could spend it with her friend. She always had a great relationship with Raven and felt comfortable in her presence. The two of them just had the connection and understood each other like no one else. But, let’s be honest, the main thing that connected them was sense of humour. And because of that, Ashley was never bored, while being with Raven.

Although blonde was happy to finally get some quality time with Raven, she was a little upset that she didn’t get to do the same with Octavia. Brunette was often missing, or present just for a while to then disappear again. Ashley was a bit conflicted, whether she should confront Octavia about that and try to help her with whatever was going on in her head, or just give her some space to think about everything. She saw that the massacre in Grounders’ village moved brunette more than any of them. Besides, this whole thing with Lincoln was surely still bothering her. So, Ashley decided to choose the second option and was hoping, that when Octavia will be ready, she’ll come around.

So, when Ashley and Raven were hanging out in the workshop as usual, they discovered something. Something that explained a few things.

"Wait, but that would mean-"

"That Mount Weather is messing with our signal" Ashley cut Raven off, finishing the sentence for her. "Motherfuckers" she shook her head in disbelief.

Brunette nodded, still a bit shocked about their discovery, but after a moment her expression changed. She looked at blonde with a smirk and tilted her head. "Well, look at you, smartass. Maybe I taught you something after all."

Ashley returned the smirk and headed in exit’s direction.

"Come on, we have to tell Clarke" she said waiting for Raven.

-----------------------------------------------

"Clarke!" Ashley exclaimed, as soon as she saw her blonde friend sitting with Murphy by the table.

"Beat it, Murphy" Raven glared at the boy.

"Well, then, have a good one" he rolled his eyes and left.

The girls sat by the table with Clarke. Blonde looked at them, confused.

"We know why we haven’t heard from any other Ark Stations" Ashley started.

Then Raven leaned forward to Clarke and said "Mount Weather’s jamming us."

Clarke’s gasped in shock. "Show me."

---------------------------------------------------------

The trio was standing by the radio in Raven’s workshop. Brunette was setting it up to show Clarke what Ashley and her had discovered.

"I tweaked the resonator and got this" she said.

All of them heard loud buzzing from the machine.

"It’s on every frequency" Raven added.

"Long-range communication is totally screwed. It’s also why the range on our walkies sucks" Ashley explained.

"It’s the same signal Monty heard on the black box of the Exodus ship" brunette said.

Clarke looked confused for a moment and was glancing between two girls. But then it hit her. "Mount Weather crashed the Exodus ship?"