Chapter 4: Pursuit

Comincia dall'inizio

Emilia bbroke in, "Not now@!! We need to rescue te king! Folllow me!" She dashed off after the prince.

*********TimeSkip******************

The y had been swamming for a very long time now, and it was getting late. They were all tired, all of them except Marina (of course it's Marina lol xD) and Emilia's tail was starting to ache and get soar with how much distance they had covered. She looked back toward the kingdom they had left, and ached for the lights and life it had once had. For a moment, she stopped, and stared at it. She closed her eyes and imagiend what she could have done there, if only she had been able to save it. Her body tried to will itself to sleep, but she opened her eyes in defiancee. No! She had to keep moving, or she would dissapoint everyone. It would just be one flap of her tail at a time.

"Emilia, are you okay?" Finn's voice broke her out of her thoughts. He always spoke softly, and it seemed that he was blocking out the rest og the world just to talk to her, to hear her thoughts. "I-I'm fine, Finn, really" she brished it off. She couldn't let Finn worry about her! Not now! Not-

"Guys, let's rest for the night." Finn shyly stated. They all kept moving, and he shot a look at Emilia before speaking again, with more force this time. "Let's rest for the night!"

Marina was busy babbling to the prince about something, and he looked bored, his dark blue tail lashing in frustration. "Yeah, let's rest, " he agreed with Finn, "Ok we have to find a good spot where we'll be safe," Emilia proclaimed.

They swam around looking for a good shelter where they could set up camp for the night. Eventually Marina shouted, "LOOK GUYS@ LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!" and the prince and Finn just rolled their eyes but Emilia countered, "Wait. We should go check it out. It might be important."

They went over to Marina, who was jesturing to a small underwater geyser that was streaming up warm jets of water. "Oh, it's like a campfire! But underwater!" Emila explaimed. "fFinn asked inquisitviely, "What's a campfire?" Emilia gaspe. "You've never seen a fire?!?! Oh right you live in the ocean." She laughed and felt a blush fill her cheeks, glancing between the prince and Finn. "Well, it's hard to explain, but it's very hot and burns with glowing light. It's beautiful , actually. And the way the flames dance and flicker is mersmerizing, and it makes this snapping crackling sound. You should see it at some point if you come to the surface."

"Wow!" finn breathed. "That sounds magical. I can't even imagine what that mucst be like." Emilia saw the prince mutter something under his breath behind Finn. "What did you say??" emiilia asked the prince. His eyes widened a little bit, revealing his blue orbs that were now caught off guard. "What? Nothing," he growled. Andh e swam off to settle down by the geyser.

"Can you tell me more about the human world?" Finn begged. She laughed lightheartedly. "Ok," she answered, but lets go sit down. Our tails must both be tired."

FInn grinned at her and a blush filled his cheeks. "Yeah, sounds good" he agreed. She grasped his hand and led him over to a spot near the geyser. They then sat against the wall and he gazed into her emerald eyes with an expression she couldn't exactly make out. She met his eyes, and they held that position for a minute until they broke down laughing. "Ok, ok. I'll tell you about thr human world," she laughed. "It exists not under water but under this huge vast area called the sky. The sky covers all of our lives, and it breathes life into us. It was pretty much my only escape before I discovered the ocean." She gazed at him again and shook her head. "Sorry, you probably don't want to hear abotu my personal drama," she stated, embarrased. He gazed back at her and stayed there for a moment until he seemed to return to the world. "No, no. I... want to know... you saved me back there so I-" She noticed his eyes dart down to her ring and then quickly look back up at her. "Only if you want to tell me," he grinned warmly. "Alright," she began, "Well..."

"I live alone with my father. I had an older sister, Penelope, who was my idol. We were really close when we were little, and she was my best friend. She taught me everything. But father always favored her over me, and she just shone so much I was always in her shadow. You know, runt of the litter." Finn gazed at her sympatheticly as she spoke. She continued, "Penelope was really popular at school, and I wasn't. I got bullied a lot because I was different than everyone else, and I started going to the sea to be at peace because of all the bullying. But then I just got bullied more and they made fun of me saying I must be a whale since I loved the ocean so much. My teachers didn't do anything, and when I told Father he just said I probably desserved it. Penelope used to help me, but then she got close with the popular kids and kind of forgot about me. So you know, I've always felt really alone in my life on land. Nobody in school liked me, my teachers all hated me except for my art teacher because it was the only class I was good at, I was losing my sister, and I had an absuvive father. And then when {enelope died, I... I felt even more alone. And my father blamed me for her death because she drowned. So now it's just me and him and I hated my life on land. The ocean was my escape."

"I'm so sorry..." finn whispered. "You know, I've always felt really alone in the ocean too. Going to the surface was my only escape, and looking at the beautiful sunsets that you don't get to see when youre allthe way underwater. I wonder if we eve r lookjed at the same sunset, Emilia."

Emilia laughed, and felt her lips grin at him. She took his hand and he looked up at her, as if asking for permission to hold it back. She nodded, and he put his hand over her hand and silently touched her ring. "I'm so glad the chosen one turned out to be you," he breathed. "I'm lucky that I got to meet you too," she exclaimed. They inched closer to each other, and their eyes met. Their faces were only inches apart but their moment was soon broken by the growling voice of the prince. "Hey, lovebirds, stop it I'm trying to sleep here!" Emilia felt a blush fill her cheeks and she stood up suddenly and shouted at the prince. "W-we're not l-lovebirds!" she cried indigniantly. ""I just met him! You'd think I'd fall in love with someone who I just met?!!!!" His eyes widened in surprise and he looked away and let his hair obstruct the blue of his orbs. "Well, I don't know. Maybe you would, you never know what could happen-" he muttered sadly, "You know what?! Nevermind, this conversation isn't worth my time! We need to sleep and rescue my father!" He snarled. He then layed down with a thump and sighed heavily in annoyance.

Finn sulked and looked at Emilia guiltily. "I'm sorry..." he mumbled, and he turned around and swam to a corner of their camp to go to sleep. "Finn, wait, it's ok-" Emlia began, but he was already laying down to sleep. "Well... goodnight."

"GOODNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!" Marina shouted. The prince winced. "I thought you were a sleep..." he groaned.

Emililia settled down on the ocean floor, her tail swaying as she lied on her back, her golden hair splayed out around her. She let out a long sigh. Hopefully tomorrow she could convince the others to work together. If they couldn't cooperate, wthey could never succeed in their meission to resuce the king.

********In The Middle Of The Night***8****

Emilia was woken up by the sounds of shouting and metal clanging. Her eyes snapped open, their emerald shining in the inky darkness.

"The Mer-Pirates are attacking! Emilia, swim for your life!"

So what did you think of that?? Comment and let me know! What do you think of Finn and Emilia? What about the Prince?