Chapter 4 Tag Part 2

June's P.O.V

           June was chasing the guy through the winding hallways. Whoever this guy was, he was fast. He always remained a few meters ahead of her, not letting her to stop him. At this point the only thing she could hope for was that he would take a wrong turn and run into a dead end. If she just had something to throw, maybe she could trip him. But there didn't seem to be anything she could use... All she could do was continue running after him

                     Junjie's P.O.V

          Junjie, Riley, and Erika were standing in the hallway, a few feet away from Paul, who's watch shined with a bright red light. "Twenty nine minutes left. We need to do something" Erika said with a sigh. "We should head after June. Knowing June, there's no guarantee that the guy will survive" said Paul. He sounded worried, it wasn't clear why exactly. Was it the huge chance of his death? Or perhaps he was worried about June and that guy? Junjie couldn't tell. Riley shook his head and stepped closer to Paul. He looked straight into his eyes, and in a serious tone said "No. What YOU need to do is tag someone else, before you die!" Paul just shook his head in defeat "Even if I tried, I couldn't tag anyone. I'm not fast  enough to pull that off. I only barely kept up with everyone when we were running earlier." True, when they were chasing the Shane gang, Paul was lagging behind a lot. Riley closed his eyes and let out a sigh, with his clenched tight. He whispered "Sorry for this, brother" and as soon as he opened his eyes, he launched himself toward Paul, who swiftly avoided him. Riley didn't stop. He continued running, straight to the wall. He used it as a boost to backflip off of the wall, jumping over Paul, with a reached out hand. A loud beep sounded, as Riley landed perfectly. His bracelet now glowed bright red, while Paul's had returned to looking normal. "Riley! Did you just..." Erika exclaimed, not even finishing what she was saying. Junjie immidietly realized what was happening  "You're protecting Paul, by becoming 'it'!" he said. If he was being honest, he wasn't too surprised that this was Riley's plan. If he was in his shoes, Junjie would probably have done the same.

                           June's P.O.V

           June was still chasing the guy. If this didn't stop soon, she would have to stop. She couldn't run forever. Still, for now, she just had to keep going. But a few minutes later, just as she was considering maybe stopping, she saw someone run in front of the guy, causing him to stop. June also halted to a stop, and used this opportunity to pin the guy against a wall. "Hey, let me go!" he shouted, trying to get free. "Tell me what I want to know first" replied June in her tough tone. That's when someone else interrupted. "Can someone explain what's going on?" asked person who had stopped this guy earlier. June wasn't really into the mood to explain anything to whoever this was. But it seemed like the guy was. "This girl's been chasing me for no reason" he said. "You ran up to my group and just hit one of us. no. You tagged him" June said, still in an angry tone. "Geez, both of you calm down. Didn't you hear the beep a few minutes ago? Your friend has already tagged someone else" said the person. No... June remembered this persons voice from earlier. This was the black and blue haired girl from earlier. She was the one who kept count of how many people were in the main room. Still, she didn't pay attention to that fact, instead saying "Whatever," before turning her attention to the guy again, "Who are you anyway?" she asked. The man said "My name is Mario Bravado."

                   Junjie's P.O.V

        "What? Riley, no!" shouted Paul, while looking kinda confused. It was clear that he hadn't expected the young protector to do that. "Don't bother trying to stop me from doing this, Paul. I'm not gonna die" Riley said as he turned to the group. "I'm going to go and tag someone in the main room. Someone I don't know. But you should all go find June" he said and gave them a smile, before running away. "Hey, wait you idiot!" Shouted Erika, and ran after him. Paul was about to do the same, when Junjie caught his arm, holding him in place."What are you doing?" asked the blonde boy, to which Junjie responded to with "The more of us go, the higher the chance of him dying." Junjie waited a few minutes for Paul to calm down. As soon as the blonde boy stopped struggling, Junjie said "Come on. Let's go find June". He let go of Paul, who simply nodded. The two then started heading in the direction where they had seen June run off to.