The women's mood shifted from excited to annoyed. An almost comical group groan was heard from the deck below and Theo lifted her hands as if to say she was sorry. Xyra stepped forward, willing to jump in with a lecture but Theo stopped her.

"I know this is a sacrifice on your parts but remember, we are running low on supplies and this is the only way to get them. More and more ports are closing to our trade and we need a backup stock more than ever now. Plus, to make up for it, I will allow you to put to a vote the next place we visit. After the raid, we'll go wherever you all choose. It will be put to a vote in seven suns time as well. I will be updating you all on plans as they are made. For now, take your positions and get ready to set sail."

Theo backed away from the railing and walked down the stairs and into her captain's quarters. Xyra was quick on her heels and made it in before Theo could shut the door in her face. Theo walked around to her desk and pulled out a few papers from her drawer and held it out for Xyra to take. Xyra walked over and took the papers, "What are these?"

"This is what Norhan gave us on the lead. I need you to study this and get back to me on what we are up against. I'm going to work now, you can take tomorrow," Theo said as she walked past Xyra, ready to go set sail.

Xyra caught Theo by the arm, "Do not take whatever you are feeling out on me Theo. That isn't fair. Talk to me instead."

Theo's face softened out of the scowl she had been sporting all morning but she still silently walked past Xyra and went outside. Theo knew Xyra was right and she felt bad for acting the way she had. The apology would come later but Theo was not in the mood for it right now. This secret she and Xyra were holding about the lead they had was a burden. Theo couldn't tell the crew or she'd face a mutiny. They'd commandeer the boat and head straight into the suicide mission. Lord Vaith had become their enemy too, whether because he was a symbol of all that was unjust with the world or because of their own experience with him.

Keeping secrets from her crew was hard. She would tell them eventually, but not until it was far too late to do anything about it. Each one of her pirates was braver than the last and they all believed themselves to be invincible but Lord Vaith was one of the most powerful men in all of Baethos and there was no way they would come out of that fight alive. It wasn't only the secret souring her mood it was the fact that she couldn't go after him. She was stuck and he had won again. She did not have enough to go after him, just as she never had before. She knew it was illogical but she felt she had failed.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur. Theo was just standing at the helm, not doing much of anything. The wind was cooperating and her crew was trained and had the ship under control. She had been staring out at the ocean for far too long when she decided she would check in on everyone. She retreated into the ship and checked in with Evana first. Multiple women were working in her shop and Theo was all but pushed out.

"Hello, Evana. How is it going?"

"Good. What is it you need?"

"Nothing, just checking in."

"There are 5 women in a shop smaller than my room. Please, Captain."

Theo got the hint and had walked away. She went down to storage and checked in with Miss Yurwa. She stayed for a while but she made up a lie to get out of it before Miss Yurwa could finish her long speech. There was only so much she could hear about how low they were getting on reserves and after this voyage, they were lower than they ever had before. When panic began to rise in Theo's chest, she knew it was time to leave. Walking out of the room and into the thin hallways, she took a deep breath.

This plan would work. She had faith in her crew and the information she had. She knew they'd be okay and sometimes Miss Yurwa knew just how to make a situation seem unsolvable. She reminded herself of these things as she walked away and back onto the deck. She decided it was time to check in on Tuni and Morgana, they would bring good news. Theo had hoped that the time away and a good time at home would make Morgana forget about any ill-feeling she had before she left. She walked into the infirmary and saw Tuni, Morgana, and Ava sitting around.