High And Mighty

Riders' POV:

       2 Hiderz were caught.

Not that I'd even call them Hiderz. Their names, Stacy and Jace.

Flashback to 2 days ago:

Stacy walks up to me, slightly blushing. I can tell she was dressing up. I mean, as much as we can in here. Her hair was combed back and cascading behind her shoulders, she had some kind of red tint on her lips, and the outfit she was wearing looked only months old. I'm guessing she used mushed cherries for the color.

"Hey Rider," she smiles softly. I restrain myself from rolling my eyes. From the corner of my eye I can see Summer watching us. Interesting.

  "Yo," i stuff my hands in my pocket, projecting a bored face. She tucks her hair behind her ear even though not a single strand was out of place. This time I don't restrain myself from rolling my eyes. Summer throws another glance our way.

  "So, are you nervous for the game in 2 days?" She leans against the wall acting casual but I can see right through her act. Summer probably promised her protection from being sought out. Poor girl.

   "Never."

  "Really? Wow. I've been stressed over all these lessons and checkups and not to mention the Tonight is in one month a week." She sighs. I just stand there awkwardly. I don't want to be associated with someone of weakness. That could be used against me.

    Anyways, that was her first mistake. You never, ever show any signs of weakness. Lesson 1 in our classes: there are ears everywhere.

    "Stacy look, your a nice girl and all, but I'm not interested." I start walking away but she grabs my arm. I stop abruptly.

  "Listen, Rider," she sneers. Everyone in the premises is staring at us. "You may think your better than everyone just because you never show your true feelings, but one day your going to regret your all high and mighty act because once you get out of here- IF you get out of here, no one will be waiting for you outside."

  I gently remove her hand from mine and glance up at her. "You know, you're a lot hotter when you're mad." I say before I walk away, calm and collected.

***
     I can't help but think the reason Stacy was caught was because of showing her fear. Summer probably took advantage of her. Then again, she probably was working for her in the first place.

Let me elaborate.

   Summer Chain. My arch nemesis. My enemy. My only worthy opponent. As you know, she's a Seeker, meant to find us Hiderz in the games. Jace Chain, her brother is quite the opposite. A Hider, and not a very good one at that.

   I met her last year, when I was about 15. I only entered this game to win the prize. 100 million dollars. My parents were really struggling that year to support us 9 kids. So I -being the oldest and also having a knack for hiding- was surrendered in order for my family to survive. Now my family lives happily in a mansion. As long as I stay in the games, they're taken care of. That's why I need to win. Otherwise, this past year was for nothing.

This year my only competition is Summer, though I doubt she'll find me because I've already found the most perfect spot to hide.  

A hotel.

   Yes, I know what you're thinking. 'Really, Rider? A hotel?' But no, it's not just a hotel. It's Summer and Jace Chain's uncles hotel. No one would ever suspect me -Rider William Storms- to be in my rivals uncles hotel. It's most definitely going to be a B spot and so that's why no one would ever look there. Maybe Summer would go there, breaking the rules by asking her uncle if any players came there, but I wouldn't be checking in. I would be sneaking in.

Back to the point, Stacy will be having lessons every day of the week -lasting however long- on everything we already have gone through. As will Jace. Poor kids.

Hey I mean, I don't feel that bad for her. She was the one who said aloud that she was nervous over the game today. Someone may have heard her and predicted her next step. Or maybe Summer tricked her into confiding where she may hide and then used it against her. I don't really care.

Sure you don't.

I don't.

Alright, keep telling yourself that, buddy.

Ew, why am I speaking to myself?

Cuz you're a loser.

Yeah, well you're me.

Don't remind me.

"Hello? What, are you deaf or something now Storms?" I look up to see the one and only Summer Chain standing in front of me. Quickly, I roll my eyes.

"Hmm, i thought I told you I wasn't interested? What lame lie should I come up with now to make you go away?" I scratch my head.

"That your breath stinks?" She places her hands on her hips. "Oh well wait, that wouldn't be a lie, now would it?"

I fan my breath over her face. "Smells horrible, doesn't it?"

Summer yelps and pushes me away. I grin, "What? You don't like me anymore?" I feign an upset look.

She rolls her eyes and steps closer. I've got about 4 inches on her,  but she still intimidates me. "Listen Rider," she looks stressed. I take a step back but she only comes closer.

"What is it with you girls and telling me to listen?"

"Because you don't!"

"Listen babe," she glares at me. "It's pretty late right now and my breath stinks pretty bad, I've really got to go and brush it. For like, an hour. Don't try and find me!" And with that I head off, to the dorm I share with my roommate Lara.

I can hear her huff and storm off. 

                                 Oh well.