FIFTEEN

"Oh, Jesus, what are you going to do to me?" Christine stared at Sloane's makeup counter with wide eyes. Everything on it could be construed as a torture implement. Mirrors and strange contraptions that looked like they were made for ripping out fingernails, extremely fluffy brushes that could definitely be used for the worst of all - tickling.

Sloane gave her a look. "I'm going to turn you into a woman instead of a girl in men's clothes."

Chrissy sighed and sat down. But... There was something she was still curious about, something the boys had warned her about earlier. She picked up and analyzed some of the various implements on the vanity.

"Sloane?" She asked.

Sloane was rummaging around in the closet, trying to find something suitable for seducing a demon. "Yup?"

Chrissy picked up the device she thought could be used for ripping out fingernails. "So, I'm not really good at this whole men deal, and originally I asked if you could go, but I was warned against it." She heard the scraping of coat-hangers against the rod slow momentarily.

"Well, it's no secret." She responded. "Like many others, I was abducted by demons a long time ago. But that particular sect has been extinct well over fifty years now. Mostly with the help of the demons you're trying to recruit."

Christine nodded, but didn't know what else to say.

"What do you think about this, Chrissy?" Christine turned to see Sloane holding up a slinky, red velvet dress with a slit up the front.

"Uh, looks like a dress." Christine replied.

Sloane hung it on the back of the door. "Perfect. Every demon's favorite color is red, so it should get their attention. They'll have plenty of women already fawning over them."

Christine cocked her head. "How do you mean?"

Sloane laughed a little. "Uh, well, they're nothing less than magnetic, shall we say." She walked over and started fussing with Chrissy's hair a little.

Christine started playing with a particularly large and fluffy brush. "So, how does one seduce men?"

Sloane started sectioning Chris's hair. "A lot of men love your rough and tumble attitude, I'm sure. It's cliché, but for demons just act like yourself. They eat that shit up. For fae you'd want to act mysterious, beautiful, and aloof, but demons are boisterous and fun-loving."

"Sinners..." Christine murmured.

Sloane nodded, picked up a curling wand and a brush from the table. "Precisely. They love breaking the rules."

Chrissy stared at her as Sloane began winding a section of her hair around the stick. "What are you doing that for? My hair is already curly."

Sloane simply smiled. "You'll see. They'll look more 'pretty woman' instead of a badass mane. Can I take this out?" Sloane pointed to a small braid on the side of Chrissy's head, the one Tristan had done after she busted her head on the chair. It was no longer pretty and flawless, but raggled and slept in.

She stared at it through the mirror while her brain screamed 'yes'. Chrissy touched it gingerly. Her head wasn't all that sore anymore.

"I'll redo some of it. Just pretty it up a bit." Sloane suggested.

Christine nodded. She had thought about taking it out before, but couldn't for some reason.

"Did Tristan give you his medallion?"

Chrissy looked down at her hand, which had the little silver circle between her fingers. She was rubbing it over her lips, like she did with her diamond charm. Did she switch them? When did she start fidgeting with the medallion?