FOUR

A full stomach made her have a better grip on things. Well, maybe not, but she felt better, certainly.

Luke and Tristan were still nowhere to be seen by the time she got back to the house. There was now more time to think, to pace. It had started to storm, she was worried about Luke, and how hard this place would be to find in the dark during a September storm.

So, they weren't human. Sloane had confirmed that much. What were they? Vampires? Aliens? Chupacabras?

There actually wasn't much time to ponder, because she heard the open and slam of the front door. For such a large man, Tristan's steps were silent.

"You, follow me. Now." He ordered. She was too tired and too frightened to disobey, so she followed him as he walked off.

He started with his boots, tossing them in the foyer. Socks went with them. As he started for the back door, he tossed his jacket on the floor in the hall. He rucked off his shirt as he stepped out onto the back porch. Chris followed him out. He undid a thin silver chain from his neck, and motioned for her to turn around.

Slowly, she turned his back to him. A small, circular, silver pendant landed on her chest just above the diamond the boys had bought for her. Wordlessly, she moved her hair out of his way, and he clasped it around her neck. "I don't have to tell you not to lose this, yes?"

Chrissy nodded.

"Verbal response please."

"I won't lose it." She murmured, turning back around. He picked up the silver circle, and tucked it inside her shirt.

Seeming content with that, he walked toward the steps of the patio and into the yard, which was mostly forest. She started walking closer to follow him and he shook his head. "No, that's close enough. Just watch."

What she was watching? No clue, thanks for asking. As he started stripping off his jeans, she thought maybe a porno.

She swallowed hard as the boxers landed in the same pile as the jeans, but she didn't say a word, didn't look away. He ran his hands through his hair, plastering it to his head, and looking up at the dark sky.

Suddenly, he landed on one of his knees and a fist. He made a sound like he was in pain, and with a sharp snap, his arm distorted. She covered her mouth, trying not to scream. The other did the same. Then, more bones broke. His body began to contort gruesomely. His face changed, fur began to grow on his back, spread from there.

Before long, in replace of Tristan, was a silvery creature, it's back hunched, standing on two massive legs formed like a dog's. It had shining white fangs and black four inch claws on each hand and foot. Stocky body, broad shoulders, covered in fur... With the face of a wolf. It howled thunderously at the heavens.

It wasn't beautiful like in some books or movies - no, this massive creature was nothing less than horrifying. It was not a full wolf, either. It stood on two legs, had arms like a human...

She started getting dizzy, couldn't quite figure out why.

Oh, yes. She forgot to breathe. As the creature's glowing blue eyes were settled on her, she couldn't even remember how to breathe. How does one forget to breathe, you say? Well, you watch a man turn into a fucking werewolf and get back to her on that.

Christine promptly fainted, hitting her head on one of the patio chairs.

*

"Oww...." Chrissy moaned as she awoke. She opened her eyes and saw Tristan leaning over her, started swatting at him. "S-stop that. Shit hurts."