04.12.20 Messages/Writers&Readers Corner

**Reminder:  remember to Comment under the main question/comment I put with the asteriks if you want to join in on a thread and chat with others.  Just reply to it. 

1. Messages 

- To those who celebrate, Happy Easter! 🐰

- Today represents something special and it made me wonder, what song of Prince's do you think carried the most powerful message?  I personally love Sign O' The Times and The Cross but there are so many out there.  Also love Last December.  

2. How do we deal?

- My work from home space is in a room I call my 'writing cave'

- My work from home space is in a room I call my 'writing cave'.  Spending so much time in there, and in this house, has my imagination overworking itself.  I know I'm not the only one.  So I'm trying my very best to stick to a plan but it feels impossible!  

But though I've retired from MJ Fiction (💔), I still have some Prince stories to let out.  Now, I know some of ya'll want to punch me for taking down The Beautiful Aftermath but I was struggling which turned into stress.  Nothing was working so When The Lights Go Down has to remain the last of the saga for now.  Seriously, if I ever revisit Kat's story I'll have to write about 10 chapters before posting because I hate letting you guys down.  That brings up a question to my readers, how bad is it when we start a story and then stop or cancel it?  Do you just move on and say "we get your struggle" or do you despise us? lol 

When it comes to fanfiction, I think it should be known that cancellations are a given though.  Our books aren't like movies.  They are like TV shows.  It can get canceled after the pilot or mid-season.  At least this is how I see it for myself.  But I've completed more books than canceled so I can at least be proud of that.  Writers, what are some of the reasons you'll cancel a book?

Personally, I'm continuing Signed, Your Biggest Fan.  And I'm not feeling the idea of starting any new books but I do have an idea for The Love We Make.  I'm very proud of the story and characters so I'm upset that I canceled the sequel but it was mainly because of a connection issue with where the story was heading.  But I plan to continue the sequel with an inclusion of the point of view of a new character.  Sanai.  You may remember her from the short story "7 Days".  

I think it'll be refreshing to share her story, to have the perspective of Prince's ex where she has to deal with him being in love with another woman and suddenly having his own family

I think it'll be refreshing to share her story, to have the perspective of Prince's ex where she has to deal with him being in love with another woman and suddenly having his own family.  And remember Raven's dad was trying to include Sanai in the drama anyway.  I already have a lot of material written but just scared to put it out there.  I am going to post an alternate version of "7 Days" from Sanai's perspective today.  It's going to be a short story called "Funny Love".  Hope you all are still interested in TLWM: The Hate Experience.