"Of course Jessi, it's me in front of my locker, exchanging my books for my first class. It's you who's unwanted here. So please, leave." I gave her a fake smile as I returned back to my locker.

"Listen-" She grabbed my arm and turned me around to face her, or more like her fake pumpkins because of her high heels.

"You listen to me Jessica and you better listen carefully. Stop messing with me. Instead of plotting against me, use those few brain cells of yours to make something good out of yourself. And if you irritate me or even cross my path today, I swear to God, I'll chop your toes off." I glared at her and she actually looked scared for once as she strutted down the hallway to God knows where.

Not that I'd actually chop her toes off- that's gross, by the way- but a girl can have some fun.

I made my way to my first class wishing to be done with school for the day already, go home and read a book. I'm craving for Illusions by Richard Bach today and some sour candies.

__________

"Mac n cheese is better."

"No. Spaghetti and meatballs is the best."

"Mac n cheese is the ultimate comfort food."

"Spaghetti and meatballs has pasta, tomato sauce and meat. Triple deliciousness. What's not to love?" Avery defended and licked her lips.

"Mac n cheeeee-" Nolan was cut off as Avery poked his palm with her fork.

Those two were bickering about what was best.

And yes, my mood was still dampened. I was still very much irked.

"Trouble in paradise?" Lydia asked from beside me as I glared at her and continued eating my lunch. I've been glaring a lot today.

"Leah, here, I thought you might need it," Jordan said as he threw a packet of sour gummies at me.

"How did you know I was craving these?" Sour gummies immediately lifted up my spirits as I opened the packet and put a handful in my mouth, enjoying their sourness as they tickled my taste buds.

"Of course I know. You are due anytime soon. Can't believe I'm timing your cycles better than you." He said as he waved his phone in front of my eyes which showed that I was indeed due anytime soon.

"You my boy. Here, you can have one."

"I feel honoured." He mockingly bowed at me.

"Okay guys, listen up. There's a beach carnival for two days starting tomorrow. And we're going." Avery clapped her hands excitedly as she bounced in her seat, getting an 'oomph' from Nolan as she hit his eye with her elbow.

"I am not going."

"Count me out."

The people on our table glanced back and forth from me to Ethan as we glared at each other.

"Good for you guys because I didn't ask anyone their opinion. I clearly stated that we're going." She angrily pointed at all of us and before anyone could stop her she sprawled out on the table and slapped mine and Ethan's head and then resumed her eating as if she didn't do anything.

__________

"Are you a wi-fi, cause I can feel the connection." I was stuffing my locker with my books at the end of the day when that cute-guy from lunch appeared beside me and leaned against the locker next to mine with a smirk plastered on his lips as he stared at me with his honey-coloured eyes.

"That's lame." I smiled politely and shook my head at him.

"Okay let me try another one. I'm blinded by your beauty. Will need your name and phone number for insurance purpose."

This guy was fucking flirting with me and I had no clue what should I say. I just stood there smiling at him weirdly as if I had sudden diarrhea.

"Your hazel eyes are saying so many things but not your name." Okay, this one was smooth.

"It's Leah. Leah Scott." I said.

"Leah, the light of the sun. Would you mind being the sunlight to my sunflower." Whoa. This one had me cracking up.

"Where did you even get these?" I asked still snickering a bit.

"A guy has his resources."

"I didn't catch your name." I scratched my neck as I asked him sheepishly.

"Jace Reed."

"Oh. Nice name." I don't know why did I say that. I mean, Jace is a pretty common name.

"Nice name? You like my name?" I nodded my head at him dumbly. "Then you should hear my phone number. You'll surely love it." If it weren't for a set of blue eyes that were nearing us with fury in them, I would have continued talking with this boy because damn, this boy has got some lines.

Without saying anything, Ethan grabbed my arm and started walking us out of the school doors and into the parking lot. I would have protested for dragging me with him if I wouldn't have been so distracted by his hand on my arm and how warm it was. But then my eyes suddenly widened.

Bloody knuckles!

No, seriously, bloody knuckles.

"Ethan! What happened to your knuckles? What did you do? Did you punch someone?" I fixed my feet on the ground and stopped him from dragging me. But it was of no use. We had already reached his car.

"Get in the car." He held the passenger side door open and looked at me with a glare.

"So you're talking to me now, huh?"

"Don't be so annoying."

"I very well remember asking you not to bother driving me from school. You are free to leave if I'm being annoying."

"Leah, get in the damn car."

"Not until you tell me what happened to your knuckles."

"I punched the wall, alright. Now get in."

We drove back to his house and he cut the ignition. I grabbed my backpack and fidgeted with the door handle to yank it open but Ethan locked all the doors of the car.

I sat there looking at his pained expressions, his blue eyes a mirror of distressing emotions as he uttered the most despised, loathed, hated set of words known to mankind.

"Can we talk?"

******

Damn, Jace has got some lines. What do you think?

What's your favourite pick up line(s)? Comment them down. I'd love to read those.

Also, don't forget to vote.

Until next time.