29: New Years Eve party

Ichiro woke up earlier than usual, Callahan was still sleeping on the couch when Ichiro got out of bed. He checked the time, it was only 5AM, it's a good head start - the shops don't open until 8AM. Ichiro started brewing coffee as he checked the news today. He had a reminder on his phone saying New Year's Eve party tonight! and he dismissed it. He prepared a breakfast for two. Callahan was usually the one who does that but since he's up already, why not do it this time?

Callahan woke up slowly by the smell of the coffee that was almost done. He looked up and saw Ichiro making some stir fry in one pan, sausages and two omelettes on the other. Callahan stood up and stretched his body before he folded the blankets and took the pillows he used for him to place it inside the closet beside the door.

"Morning," Callahan said and Ichiro turned.

"Morning, Cal. Tonight's the night," Ichiro spoke as he finished cooking the stir fry.

"Right! Busy day ahead of you then."

"For us both. I need you to run some other errands for me while I fix things up at Risorgimento."

"Alright. It's my rest day from writing anyway. How's the LA branch by the way?" Callahan asks as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

"Good... Great actually, the renovation of the store is quite fast. Leaving would be earlier for me."

"It would be for the better. don't worry. I'm already looking for a place for me to stay. it's just hard to find one now since everyone who has an AirBnB went back to stay in for the holidays. Maybe I'll just move out after."

"You don't have to," Ichiro said as he gave Callahan a bowl of stirfry with omelette on the top as he had his own. "I'll leave this penthouse to you. I'll just stay at a hotel when I come here or just sleep on the couch."

"You'll what?" Callahan stopped eating.

"Need I repeat myself? You heard what I said. That's the least I could do for my bestfriend."

"I knew it," Callahan said.

"What?"

"That I'm your bestfriend," Callahan smiled.

Agatha woke up with Severus and Lily laying beside her, the two cats comfortable snuggled with each other. Agatha stood up to go to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth, once she was done she went to get some water from the fridge, she then saw a note that was on the door.

"Agatha,
Luke and I went to the market to get some fresh food for our breakfast. Don't eat anything yet. P.S. I left Lily and Severus some food already."

She looked up at the cats on the folding bed and they were now awake. "Move to the other couch please. I'll be fixing our bed." The cats did as told and Agatha cleared the sofa and folded the sheets. The pillows were stacked and placed in the closet where Aleli and Luke places her coats.

"Come on, Sev and Lils. Your food's here," Agatha said and points at the bowl. Surprisingly Severus wasn't moody or sassy at all. Once the cats were eating their breakfast, Agatha opened the curtains to let some light in. Her phone started to ring and she smiled before answering it.

"Good morning, mister!"

"Good morning, mademoiselle," Callahan chuckled "Are you going out tonight?"

"For Ichiro's party, yes," Agatha said. "Aleli told me I should go out with her and Luke since I live with them now," Agatha widened her eyes as she forgot to not say it to anyone as of now.

"What happened to Oz and Pez?" Callahan asks.

"Well, my aunt who is a sister of my uncle got terribly sick and lost her house because of her treatment. She needed a place to stay and all she can stay at is at Uncle Oz's."