vi. ghost stories

____________________

06

G H O S T     S T O R I E S

____________________

The two girls had been locked in the Captain's Cabin for almost a full 24 hours. Lycira hadn't wanted to fall asleep. Someone needed to be awake just in case someone had wanted to pay the girls a visit. She didn't trust the pirates. Not one bit. Especially not after Barbossa had tricked the girls. However, despite her wishes, Lycira had indeed fallen asleep.

"Lycira!" Elizabeth hissed and the brunette jerked awake. She blinked a couple of times. She scowled when she had realized what had happened. She had fallen asleep. Last Lycira knew it had been daytime, and now it had was night. She looked at Elizabeth and the two shared worried looks. They were now a full 24 hours away from Port Royal, and however many nautical miles between them.

There was a fat full white moon that illuminated the cabin. The curtain blew in the breeze, keeping the room somewhat cold. The two girls moved closer to each other, trying to share body heat. No words needed to be said between the girls. However, they were losing hope. It wouldn't be long before they were dead, or worse.

The door opened, and the two girls shot up. Pintel and Ragetti walked in, shooting the two girls a smirk. They both had dark coloured dresses for the girls, and Lycira couldn't help but find parallels to when she had gotten a yellow dress from Elizabeth's father only the day before.

Pintel smiled somewhat wickedly at the two girls. "You'll be dining with the Captain tonight," he said before motioning to the two dresses. "He requests the two of you wear these." Lycira shared a look with Elizabeth, before the later turned towards the men.

"Tell the captain that we are disinclined to acquiesce his request." Lycira wondered how long Elizabeth had been waiting to use that line.

Pintel and Ragetti shared matching grins before the former turned back to the girls. "He said you'd say that!" He exclaimed with glee. Lycira clenched her jaw. This wasn't going to end well. "He also said if that be the case, you'll be dining with the crew."

"You'll both be naked," Ragetti added. Lycira huffed before snatching both dresses. She threw one to Elizabeth and the grins on the two men faded. Lycira heard Ragetti muttered but she didn't question it. She turned back to watch the two men exit the room.

"Do you want help Lizzy?" Lycira asked quietly as she laid her own dress down on the table. She turned and looked at Elizabeth who shook her head. The two girls faced their backs to each other as they changed. Lycira swallowed. She turned back to face Elizabeth. "We need a plan."

Elizabeth nodded as she finished the laces on the back of her dress. "I suggest not eating the food," Lycira continued. "We don't know if it'll be poisoned or not." Elizabeth frowned, thinking of her hunger, but reluctantly nodded. Lycira noticed her hesitation. "If he eats, then we can eat okay?"