i. worst pirate i've ever heard of

____________________

01

W O R S T    P I R A T E    I ' V E    E V E R   H E A R D   O F 

____________________

Lycira now found herself in the
most boring ceremony of her life. She did like Norrington, well she told people she did, and she knew how hard he had worked to get this promotion, but the girl had completely underestimated how long and boring this ceremony would be. Not to mention the uncomfortableness of the corset wasn't helping. Lycira sighed heavily, fidgeting with her hand bag.

Elizabeth was faring so well either. One hand was furiously fanning herself with her custom fan, while her other hand clutched at her corset. Elizabeth never did well with heat as much as Lycira did. Give it that Lycira used to spend time on ships where there was little escape from the sun, Lycira simply adapted to the heat.

However, unbeknownst to the two girls, their boredom was just ending as Captain Jack Sparrow was walking the pier of Port Royal.

Two guards suddenly ran in front of him, causing Jack to halt his movements. "This dock is off limits to civilians."

"I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know," Jack said, apologizing to the two. "If I see one, I shall inform you immediately," Jack then said as he proceeded to attempt to step around the guards. They once again blocked Jack's path, looking at him expectantly.

Music filled Jack's ears as he looked up at the fort, shielding his eyes from the sun. "Apparently, there's some sort of high toned and fancy to do up at the fort, eh?" Jack asked the pair, who reluctantly nodded. "How could it be that two upstanding Gentlemen like yourself, did not merit an invitation?"

Speaking of the event at the fort, Lycira was now walking with her arm linked with Elizabeth's, the other holding a cool drink of water to quench her horribly dry throat.

The two walked leisurely towards Governor Swann, and his little group he was currently speaking to. "I suppose that could have gone worse," Lycira said suddenly. Elizabeth gave her an incredulous look. "What? Commodore Norrington could have asked you to marry him right in front of everyone." Elizabeth smacked Lycira's arm softly, a smirk upon the latter's face. "And speak of the devil . . . "

"May I have a moment?" Norrington asked Elizabeth, glancing at Lycira. Lycira nodded her head, bidding the two goodbye before she herself was pulled aside for a chat. However, Lycira was only focused on Elizabeth. She knew how Elizabeth felt towards the man, and would be at Elizabeth's side in a heartbeat if need be.

"Lycira?" Lycira turned her head towards her companion, an apologetic look on her face.

"I'm sorry; could you please repeat the question?" Her companion shook his head before repeating the question.