13: Council Discussion

A/N
Sorry about the long wait! I've been playing video games a lot and staying up late with friends on video chat. Anyways here's another update :)
———————————————————————————————
~Third POV~
It's been 1 week since the whole 'Sandlot situation' and things weren't looking good. The business men had closed the territory and would file a claim against anyone who trespassed, including the sandlot gang, which means they haven't played baseball for 1 whole week; That is until Benny and yeah-yeah came across a poster near the police department stating that there will be a sit-down discussion at city hall regarding the removal of the sandlot. Not only did the sandlot gang want to keep their field, others did too. This discussion could be the key for keeping the sandlot for good.

~First POV~
We got to the city hall for the discussion for the sandlot; who knows how this'll go. We sat three rows away from the front, but not too far back to the point the superiors won't be able to see us. As we began sitting down, Bertram noticed that Phillips team was also here
I bet they're here to support the sandlot's removal.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Greg Dallon, Im here to once and for all settle the debate on wether or not the sandlot should be removed. This proposition was sudden, and the town could use some space for our belongings, but it seems that the community also disagrees with this project."
As we looked around we saw a couple murmurs of people whom agreed that it should be removed, while others disagreed. After given the choice to state something that will help their debate, A man, possibly over 50, shakily rose from his seat.
"My grandson played on that field! Not only that, I'm not sure you've noticed, but there's a group of other young kids playin' on that field too!"

Thomas Murphy leaned closer to the mic and responded, "yes, I'm fully aware."
And it went on for 10 minutes until I finally thought it was time to shine. I rose from my seat, I knew my team was staring at me, but if I didn't do this, who would? 
"Excuse me?!"
"Yes, young lady?"
"I speak to keep the sandlot."
"Please continue."
I took a deep breath, "we've all been playing in that sandlot for a long time, I just moved here about 2 months ago in June; and even though I haven't been here my whole life, the sandlot is where I met my friends and have fun all day. Who else played baseball in that very sandlot?"
Many people raised their hand, even some people claimed that they played softball there as well. Then Benny stood up, "for many generations, many people have come to play ball in the sandlot, why remove it and ruin it?"
That's when Mr. Murphy spoke up against us, "you are all just kids, You don't know what it's like to own a business, so I suggest you leave it. Business can sometimes call for sacrifice."
"Then how come we are holding this discussion!? We are here to negotiate about the removal, not how we're gonna remove it!" I snapped, this man was a prick and he was ticking me off. I felt Benny slightly grab my hand and stroked his thumb over it, attempting to calm me down.
"I think it would be great to remove that dump!" Phillips shouted from where he was sitting. "That place is no good, plus, the storage would be great use for our team's equipment."
We all looked over and rolled our eyes, I stood up and spoke up once more.
"Can we please maybe, take a vote?"
Mr. Dallon seemed to think about my suggestion until finally agreeing to it.
"Alright, as head of this council, I will hold a voting opportunity for everyone."
We all cheered, this could be our chance!
———
It's been 3 days since the discussion with the council and everything was the same so far but today they will be announcing the winning vote. We all gathered around an old radio in the treehouse and listened in.
Good evening I'm Greg Dallon and Im here to announce the results of the votes that came in 2 days ago. The results were equal, it is a tie. We will give you all one more day to vote.
We all sighed, this can't be happening right now. I haven't even been able to have real time with Benny, but this is for him and for all of us. We all got up and got ready to head back home.
"Bye guys."
"Bye y/n."
We all looked defeated in a way I've never seen before. I let out a small sigh and headed home with Benny and Smalls.
"I'm really starting to loose hope."
"Don't worry Smalls, as long as we keep fighting there's still a chance."
"I don't know y/n..I really hope you're right."
I gave him a small smile and waved him good bye once we were across the street from his house. I then looked over at Benny who had a small smile.
"Y/n why are you so beautiful?"
"Oh please." I rolled my eyes with a growing smile on my face.
Benny chuckled and moved closer to me, he lifted my face towards his and gave me a slow and long passionate kiss. He licked my bottom lip asking for entrence, and I let him in. I then pulled away at the odd sensation of his tongue and giggled.
"Sorry am i that bad?"
"No no no! It's just, Im not used to that kind of thing." I said, still giggling. He smiled and pecked my lips once again.
"I love you.. ya know that?"
Did he just say.. love?
I looked up at him, startled by his words and I could see the sudden panic starting to rise in his eyes.
"Um well, I should be getting back before my mother gets worried."
He started jogging away before I stopped him in his tracks. I grabbed his neck and kissed him.
"I love you too."
——————————————————————————————
♥️💙💚⚾️💞💗❤️💘🌟⚡️💕